🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer who is a liar
Page options
727b42a4
Community Member

Freelancer who is a liar

I had a freelancer to for me a small job. he had the files , he then proposed price and delivery date. He was unable to deliver . since he knows i am in a hurry he started taking advantage of the issue and saying that he didnt know it will take that much time blablbala so he wanted to change the price and the delivery date without any reason. i rejected but at the end i had no option but to accept only one day delay instead of 2. 

he then declined to do the job , i incurred lossed due to this irresponsible person. Anyway then i stopped the contract and raised a dispute. 

then in the dicpute he lied and said that i did changes. which is absolutely not true.

1. If i dont get back my full money 

or 

2. If you do not cancel the upwork membership of this freelancer who is lying and who makes the community of upwork not safe

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Shady,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. 
I checked your account and I can see that the freelancer has opened a dispute but you rejected it.
At the moment you don't have any open disputes.
To learn more about our Dispute process check out this Thread.  If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Please i need to get full money back and he is out of upwork ( as his likes
make it unsafe ) or i will just simply leave and use **Edited for Community Guidelines** . just need to
your reply so i tale a decision

Thanks

Hi Shady,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. You can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Shady,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this contract. I do see a dispute was just recently initiated and our Dispute team will contact you directly within the next 72 hours to assist you further. Please note that we do have a dispute process in place (you can learn more about the process here) and our team will be able to provide more information directly, since we can't discuss dispute cases in the Community forums.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

re: "since he knows i am in a hurry he started taking advantage of the issue and saying that he didnt know it will take that much time blablbala so he wanted to change the price and the delivery date without any reason."

Shady:
It sounds to me like you worked with a genuinely bad freelancer.

I am sorry to hear about that and I help everything is resolved in a satisfactory way for you.

For future reference, if you are in a hurry/have a tight deadline, then the tactically correct way for a client to hire is:

a) only hire a freelancer that you have worked with before, and who has demonstrated that he can deliver the type of files you need, and do so on time (before deadline)

[or]

b) hire multiple freelancers, to hedge your bets and ensure that you will receive the files that you need on time.

The way that you hired for this project - hiring only one unknown freelancer - was tactically incorrect.

What would have worked better would for you to have hired 4 different freelancers to perform the same task, using hourly contracts. Tell them upfront that this is a time-sensitive project, and also a group project. Tell them that when you have received the files that you need, the project will be over.

Then you only need to pay for the time actually logged by the freelancers. As soon as you receive the files you need from any freelancer, you close all the contracts. If any freelancer hasn't actually logged any time, you can pay them a token sum of $2 using the pay bonus tool, so that they don't have any negative JSS impact due to having a zero-pay contract.

This is an effective, affordable strategy for getting the work you need done, on time.

Note that this is not necessarily the strategy you would use to keep total payments to an absoulte minimum, because it is theoretically possible for multiple freelancers to log time from the start and then you would pay multiple people even if you didn't use the work that all of them did.

This strategy is for maximizing the likelihood that you will have the work done before the deadline. When time/deadline is the most critical factor in your project, then of course any client would only work with freelancers they already know, or hire multiple freelancers to hedget their bets.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths