cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelancer with an active contract is not responding

Jessica Lyn B Member Since: Mar 7, 2017
1 of 4

Good day to everyone. I posted a job offer which needs to be done immediately. The freelancer accepted my offer, but she has not been responding for many days already. Our first milestone was a success, but the second one costs more and she hasn't been responding ever since. That's why I created another job post and hired other available freelancers. What happens if I end the contract with her? (Contract is fixed rate.) Will I be able to refund the funds from Escrow? What do I do? Please help. Thank you very much.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 4

Hi Jessica Lyn,

If you close the contract and request refund of Escrow funds, the freelancer will need to approve the refund in a certain time frame. In case they refuse and haven't submitted any work for the funded Milestone, you can file a dispute and our team will follow up.

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
3 of 4

Hi Jessica,

If a contract is ended with escrow funds left, there will be a notification sent to the freelancer to approve or dispute an escrow refund. If approved or mediated in your favor, funds will be credited back to the billing method or account used for the deposit.

To read more about paying for Fixed Price, I've attached a link below to help you.

Paying for Fixed Price

Ryan

Untitled
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 4

re: "I posted a job offer which needs to be done immediately. The freelancer accepted my offer, but she has not been responding for many days already."

If you needed work done immediately, why did you hire only one freelancer?

That makes no sense.

You should have hired multiple freelancers, to hedge your bets and ensure that you obtained the work on time.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS