🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Freelancers Fee
Page options
121dde6e
Community Member

Freelancers Fee

A previous employee used their own UpWork account to hire some people for some work and changed it to there personal info when they left.  I setup a new one and working on recreating the jobs for the people we used but they asked about the freelancer fee being set back to 20% since we had to create the new account.  Is there a way to keep it at whatever % it was before?

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Hanlon C wrote:

Is there a way to keep it at whatever % it was before?

Only if you can regain control over the original account. Otherwise this is a new client relationship and will be billed accordingly.

121dde6e
Community Member

Hi Petra,
What if we can provide proofs that this new account is still the same as to the previous account? Such as the company domain name, The freelancer's that were hired under the old account and will eventually be hired to this new account?

The last thing that we'd like to happen is for them to be charged with high fee's and they had nothing to do with the problem. I hope you guys will reconsider?

Hi Hanlon,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
lysis10
Community Member

Hanlon C wrote:

A previous employee used their own UpWork account to hire some people for some work and changed it to there personal info when they left.  I setup a new one and working on recreating the jobs for the people we used but they asked about the freelancer fee being set back to 20% since we had to create the new account.  Is there a way to keep it at whatever % it was before?

yeah it sucks for the freelancer but it happens. Had it happen a few times now.

If Upwork can't fix it, a $56 bonus to each freelancer would make them whole (assuming they had been at the 10% fee level) - that's the $50 they would be losing under the new relationship for the first $500, plus extra to cover the 10% fee Upwork would take from the bonus.

Audrey S wrote:

If Upwork can't fix it, a $56 bonus to each freelancer would make them whole (assuming they had been at the 10% fee level) - that's the $50 they would be losing under the new relationship for the first $500, plus extra to cover the 10% fee Upwork would take from the bonus.

Only if they were at 10%. Each FL who was at 5% (if any) will wind up paying an extra 5% of whatever they earn until they hit $10k again.

I really, really hope UW sees its way clear to work with these people and do what makes sense.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths