🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Freelancers Job not done on time & not re...
Page options
e556c51d
Community Member

Freelancers Job not done on time & not responding properly

Hi there, 

Is there a way to ask Upwork staff to check with the freelancer with regards to the work I have assigned? I hired a freelancer to do product descriptions which he gladly accepted. He seems to have a good rating but my experience with him has been a disaster! I'm not a person to complain normally but I really wanted my work done by today & my site to go live again tomorrow. I assigned the job on Friday, he hasn't even done a single entry & doesn't respond to my messages properly. I'm getting very anxious as I really need this done today. 

Appreciate the help on this!

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

You started working on this Friday, and need the work finished today, and yet you only hired one freelancer to do the work?

That does not really make sense.

If this is important work and the deadline is important, why didn't you hire four to six people?

Preston H wrote:

If this is important work and the deadline is important, why didn't you hire four to six people?

Here we go again... Because it would be insane to have 4 to 6 people try to enter stuff in the same database at the same time.

Preston, hiring 4 to 6 people to do the same thing may occasionally make sense, especially for cheap stuff and when you spend your own money for your own entertainment, but in many, if not most cases, it is at best a monumental waste of money and at worst will completely screw up the project.

Jordan W wrote:

Hi there, 

Is there a way to ask Upwork staff to check with the freelancer with regards to the work I have assigned?

No.

End the contract and hire someone else to start with the work immediately, either by going back to previous applicants or posting a new job that makes it clear that the work needs to be done right away.

If you have an important, tight deadline for data entry work, you hire 6 people and assign each of them a different range or set of data.

If they all do their assignments, then you get everything done that much quicker.

If Freelancer #2 and Freelancer #4 do not do any work, and the other 4 freelancers finish their work, then you assign the remaining work to the freelancers who actually showed up and did their work.

These are very basic project management techniques.

hoffenberg-irit
Community Member

Hello Jordan,

There is no question here that there is a bed mommunication with the freelancer you hired. If I were you I would close the job. Simply because the horrible expereiance with the freelancer. If upward charges you, simply dispute the charges. Then open a new job and before hiring make sure that you can communicate very good with the freelancer, that he understands your job requirements and that he has the skills to complete the job succesfully.       

Latest Articles
Learning Paths