🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Fresh (New) Account Permanently Disabled
Page options
0ea55e34
Community Member

Fresh (New) Account Permanently Disabled

Hi all,

My sister has recently signed up for Upwork to post a job/project offer.

The post was for a VA with customer support and Shopify experience. A rather simple and straight forward Job Post and yet she immediately got her account permanently deactivated. The email stated:

**Edited for community guidelines**

Is there really a reason for such a severe action (account deactivation) for such a post or do you think it might have been mistakenly flagged by a bot?

Thank you for your input

Best,

Laurynas

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Laurynas,

Unfortunately, we cannot discuss anything about the suspension of your sister's account here in the community or to another individual, for privacy reasons, which we hope you understand. Please, refer your sister to the notification the team sent to her about the suspension.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
0ea55e34
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Thank you for your reply!

She was not able to contact the support because she can not access her account anymore.

Not speaking about my sister's account though. Where can I inquire regarding the specific job post example I included?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Laurynas, 

Please know that we can't share any details about the action our team has taken but can confirm a ToS violation was the reason the client's account was addressed, and we won't permit a behaviour which was already sanctioned.

If you would like for a further review to be made, you can send me a private message with more information so that I can review it further with the team. However, please know that I will not be able to come back to you with the results of my investigation for this other user to comply with our privacy policy. 

~ Avery
Upwork
0ea55e34
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Thank you for your input. I have sent you a private message. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Laurynas

Latest Articles
Learning Paths