🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Fullstack Developer - Den Haag, Netherlan...
Page options
3e6c0abc
Community Member

Fullstack Developer - Den Haag, Netherlands

Hi All

I would like to know the daily rate of Fullstack Devloper for a 3-6 months contract role with the below specification in Netherlands location. 

Can some one help on this?

* Fullstack

* JavaScript

* Jquery

* Angular

* Nodejs

4 REPLIES 4
bookkeepers10
Community Member

Hi Devi,

the rate depends on your experience and the client budget. keep in your mind that you should not underestimate your experience and give low rate. a way to help you to understand the hourly budget of any client (if you don't have the full membership), you can just look at the average rate paid by the client. however, it may misslead you as each client or freelancer has different budget and different rate. just read carefully the job post and compare it with your skills and then decide the rate which you may negotiate later on with the client. 

All the best 🙂  

Noted & Thank you so much for your prompt and kind reply. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Devi,

You can also post a job and freelancers will apply with their hourly rates. To learn more about how you can post a job check out this Help Article
I would suggest adding as many details as possible in your job overview so that freelancers can understand your project and send proposals accordingly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
gbalint
Community Member

Since the taxes are pretty much huge in Europe (around 50% of what you make), imagine that paying 70 euros per hour equates to him/her getting only 35 in the end.

Out of that 35 euros per hour he'll have to have his own space/office, upgrade his own computer, buy software licenses, pay an accountant and so many other things.

Also the time spent to learn all those technologies (and living in the Netherlands isn't cheap by any account), all in all even 100 euros per hour looks to be on the low side.

And since the project is for a limited amount of time, the interest can be quite low.

Also, remember that West Europe has this social policy that low wages and high wages aren't that far appart (going from 1500 euros to maybe 3500 euros net) so people aren't really incensitised to spend a lot of time studying only to get maybe 500 more euros per month. I have seen a lot of people from West Europe doing software development as a side-gig (with all the problems that arrise from writing software as a hobby) and I can't name any individual who actually was a serious developer.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths