cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Fund Multiple Milestones

Highlighted
Sarah J Member Since: Jan 21, 2016
1 of 48

When I run projects I like to break the tasks down into multiple milestones and fund each one at the start of the project. 

I like the people that I work with to know that the project is fully funded and ready to go.

This was simple to do over on Elance but I cannot find a way to do it on upwork.

Any advice or tips?

Thanks!

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
2 of 48

Hi Sarah,

I'm not a client, but my client tried to fund multiple milestones and was unable to do so (he also came over from Elance).

I'm guessing that Upwork doesn't allow you to fund a 2nd milestone unless you release/approve the fund on the first milestone. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)

*Edited: Thanks Petra, I should send that screenshot to my client.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
3 of 48

You absolutely CAN fund the whole project right at the start in as many funded milestones as you please!

deposit several milestones.png

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Sarah J Member Since: Jan 21, 2016
4 of 48

Thank you for your answer.

I'm afraid I am still a little confused.

So looking at your example:

Should I have selected the first option and funded the full amount and then created each milestone?

I selected fund a lesser amount for the first milestone thinking I could go back later and fund the rest.

Since I only funded the first milestone is there a way to add more funds to the escrow?

Thanks again!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 48

Hi Sarah,

i'm not sure, I always set up all milestones at the start and fund them.

when you release the first milestone you can set up the next, check if the box I marked in red appears.

Otherwise just bear it in mind for future contracts and set up/ fund the lot from the start.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Debmallya B Member Since: Nov 29, 2015
6 of 48

Thanks for the clarifications

Another question, if a milestone is added in the middle of the project. (Due to additional scope creep), is it possible to fund that milestone then.

Also I dont think, I can request releasing of multiple milestones together.

Thanks 

Deb

Highlighted
Sanjiv K Member Since: May 5, 2016
7 of 48

hello is it possible to add and fund multiple milestones once the project has started - I have added a milestone but does not give me the option to add funds 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 48

Hi Sanjiv,

Thank you for your question. You can fund the next milestone once the currently funded milestone is released.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Phil R Member Since: Jun 10, 2016
9 of 48

I'd like to fund a later milestone not the next one in the sequence as the project has delivered a later milstone earlier. I now want to pay the freelancer but cannot see a way to put the funds into escrow for a later milestone. I would appreciate any help as this puts me as a client in a position where I cannot pay for work that has been done. 

Highlighted
Jean-Eric P Member Since: Oct 13, 2016
10 of 48

Hi Valeria,

But is there a way to fund multiple milestones AFTER the job has started?

I don't want to go through the fund-release-fund-release process for the 20 milestones in one of my on-going projects. 

Jean-Eric

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS