🐈
» Forums » Clients » Funding my Upwork account.
Page options
c56cf491
Community Member

Funding my Upwork account.

Please how do I fund my Upwork work account or future payments?

5 REPLIES 5
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Obioma, 

You will need to add a billing method to your Upwork account to be able to make payments for your contracts with your (future) freelancers. It looks like you have already added a credit card to your account. You may use this as a primary billing method when hiring freelancers on Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork
c56cf491
Community Member

Hello Avery, 

I have already added a billing method as your rigtly noticed but can not add funds to the account. 

In order to use this it as my primary billing method, I am guessing that I need to have my account funded before hand, for future payments. 

How do I go about funding the account?

Please guide me through the steps.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Obioma, 

Please know that we currently do not support pre-funding on Upwork. However, you can use your credit card to be able to start working on Upwork, and paying your freelancers. A member of the Customer Support Team will also reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
c56cf491
Community Member

Just so I am clear on the following points:
1. pre-funding of up work is not supported.
2. Payments with credit card to freelancers are only upon completion of the project or milestone amount agreed upon with the freelancer.
Am I correct?

Hi Obioma,

1. Yes that is correct.

2. When you hire freelancers on a Fixed price contract the funds are deposited in Escrow. To learn more about this check out this Help Article.

2a. When you hire freelancers on hourly contracts you will be billed each Monday for the time tracked in the previous week. 

I would also suggest to check out our resources Here and learn more about Upwork. If you have any additional questions let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths