🐈
» Forums » Clients » Funds in escrow
Page options
e4c6081a
Community Member

Funds in escrow

i am a client..i had fixed price contract with a freelancer..the time deadline was important and i communicated the same to freelancer via upwork message..he missed first deadline and then he made some excuse and gave a second deadline and he has missed that too.

my question is if I cancel the contract, do i get refund  and can freelancer dispute that?

P.S: Freelancer has not delivered anything till date.

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rustam,

If you close your contract a refund request will be sent to your freelancer. The freelancer will have 7 days to take action, if no actions are taken the funds will be refunded to you.
If the freelancer rejects the refund, a dispute will be opened. You can also request a refund without closing your contract. To do this, go to All Contracts > open the contract > click on the three dots. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "my question is if I cancel the contract, do i get refund?"

Not necessarily. But you can ask for one.

re: "...and can freelancer dispute that?"

If you ask for a refund, yes, a freelancer on a fixed-price contract can dispute your request.

If you really don't want to pay for work done after a deadline, and you don't want to worry about getting into a dispute, then just use hourly contracts.

The deadline is five p.m. At five p.m., you close the contract. There is no way for a freelancer to dispute you doing that. If the freelancer didn't do any work before five p.m., then you pay nothing.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths