🐈
» Forums » Clients » Furious that's it's impossible to contact sup...
Page options
57aca58b
Community Member

Furious that's it's impossible to contact support

Furious that's it's impossible to contact support. I send 100K+ a year on this site, and they can't be bothered to have a support email?

I even tried the support bot but it says all the time: " I'm checking for available support options for you. This shouldn't take too long. If you don't see your options in a few seconds, please refresh your page."

So sad that always when companies become big their customers services goes down the drain. 

17 REPLIES 17
NikolaS

Hi Hubertus,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Could you please share more information about your concern so that we can assist you accordingly?

Edited to add information:

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

Thank you for your patience,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Frankly, I don't care if it is "difficult" for freelancers to contact Customer Support. There are plenty of ways to get information and support. I don't think the available options are unreasonably difficult to use.

But the original poster in this thread is not a client. He is correct that it SHOULD be very easy for him to contact Customer Support.

He is a serious, established client who does not waste Support's time.

As a freelancer, anything that can be done to help clients such as these have a positive experience with the platform and anything that can facilitate their ability to hire and pay people such as myself... is something I would hope Upwork would make a top priority.

57aca58b
Community Member

image.pngBot is stuck at this.

474fc4f6
Community Member

I am facing the same problem right now, it is very difficult to reach customer support 

yitwail
Community Member

Majda A wrote:

I am facing the same problem right now, it is very difficult to reach customer support 

It's Sunday in the US, so you may have better luck reaching support tomorrow.

I get it's Sunday, but not even a contact form? Come on... 

yitwail
Community Member

Hubertus S wrote:

I get it's Sunday, but not even a contact form? Come on... 

There's this --

https://www.upwork.com/about/contact/ 
https://www.facebook.com/upwork 

-- but I'm only mentioning it FYI. Besides, it seems they've created a ticket for your issue, so a team member should be contacting you in the near future.

Nope there is no contact form or support email on that URL (or anywhere) John. 

yitwail
Community Member

Hubertus S wrote:

Nope there is no contact form or support email on that URL (or anywhere) John. 

I didn't say there was, but there is a phone number and a physical mailing address, should you wish to avail yourself of those means of communication, and if memory serves, the facebook page will allow you to send a message to someone at Upwork who might be able & willing to expedite your concerns.

We spend well over 100k pr year with Upwork, i am now having payment issue  and its IMPOSSIBLE to reach support. We are trying to pay due balance but looks like UpWork dont want that. 

1: No contact form

2: Cant create ticket 

3: Cant chat with real person, the boy is to put it mildly **bleep** 

This is a joke, sorry but Upwork is not the only game in town 

Please sort your website out 

Please have someone contact me, we have freelancers waiting for payment.

We made the payment and bank says its OK, but the websites does not update and still shows a due balance of 6k+ 

Hi Bashir,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our team will reach out to you via ticket and email as soon as possible and will assist you further. 
Could you also confirm if you have experienced any problem on your when you were trying to connect with our Customer Support? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

The issue is that we have been trying to reach support for days now, its just impossible. 

There is no contact forms anywere, no email and chat is only a bot that cant understand the most simple text. 

Issue is that account has been suspended because of due balance, we tried yesterday to make payment with the card which we know has enought balance. And the transaction went true as successfully. But due balance still stands, tried again today and successfully transaction but due balance still stands. So not sure what is going on if we got charged twice, but due balance dont change no mattter what we do. 

I will wait for someone to reach out because we need to sort this out oday and our freelancers are 

waiting to get their payment. 

Hi Bashir,

Just to confirm, our team has already reached out to you and is waiting on your response back. You can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you Goran, taking the discussion there now

Thank you for your support 

ab996a54
Community Member

I agree 100% Upwork has zero customer support unless you make a loud complaint in a forum such as this. Right now I am simply trying to obtain a W-9 from the freelancer who did work for us, but I cannot contact the freelancer without starting a new job. Very frustrating and unprofessional.

If you go in the contract you had with the freelancer, you should have a tab Message and continue from there, or search by name in your general message page.

You don't get a W-9 form when you work through Upwork. Upwork is a TPSO and issues 1099s. If you also took a W-9 and sent a 1099 to the freelancer, they would be taxed on the income they received through Upwork twice. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths