🐈
» Forums » Clients » Further fund excrow account
Page options
rluchmun
Community Member

Further fund excrow account

There is already some money in the escrow account for a freelancer who's working on a project for me.

I would like to put more money in the escrow account without releasing the money that is already there. How do I do that?

5 REPLIES 5
richard_wein
Community Member

Rakesh L wrote:

There is already some money in the escrow account for a freelancer who's working on a project for me.

I would like to put more money in the escrow account without releasing the money that is already there. How do I do that?

Once a contract has begun, you can only add new money to the escrow when you activate a milestone, after the previous milestone has ended. And at that time you must add exactly the amount needed to fund the new milestone.  You could change the amount of the new milestone before activating it.

If you want to pay your freelancer additional money for the current milestone, your freelancer can request the higher amount when they complete the work and submit a payment request, or you can change the amount when you release the payment. The additional money (above what is currently in escrow) would then be taken directly from your payment method at that time. It wouldn't be placed in escrow.

Alternatively, you could (with the agreement of your freelancer) close the current milestone, editing the amount to be released from escrow to just $1. Then create, activate and fund a new milestone to replace it.

Hi
Thanks very much for your reply.
I am thinking of another option and that is to give the extra amount as
bonus. Is that feasible?
Please let me know.
Thanks

Paying a bonus is a very feasible option. It is an option I often use, and I think it is simpler than creating and funding milestones. It is especially appropriate to use to pay for small additional tasks that don't necessarily warrant creating an entirely new contract or milestone.

Preston H wrote:

Paying a bonus is a very feasible option. It is an option I often use, and I think it is simpler than creating and funding milestones. It is especially appropriate to use to pay for small additional tasks that don't necessarily warrant creating an entirely new contract or milestone. run 3

Thanks very much. It was very helpful.

9e372f07
Community Member

It's based on the Milesstone. Check out Rugby League World Cup live coverage on Spark Sports.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths