🐈
» Forums » Clients » Genuine or Scam
Page options
4b5cc340
Community Member

Genuine or Scam

I am in the process of hiring a freelancer to solve a problem I have on clients WordPress site. The free lancer has over 1536 hour worked and 80k+ earned and an 89% success rate. However, it seems his company operates from the US and India. We spoke on the phone and from time to time his connection would go out but he claims to be in California. Also, he said he does not want to use the work diary app as it causes issues with coding. Im skeptical because this is my first time using upwork and its for a clients site, not my own. Could this be a scam with him having that many hours worked and $ earned or is he legit?

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Visionary,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket where you can share more details about the freelancer and advise you accordingly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you

Do you know how soon they will reach out to me? I need this solved asap as my client is already messaging me about the issue.

Hi Visionary,

Our team is checking the details along with your freelancers that you have communicated and will reach out to you as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
global_lau
Community Member

His refusing to use the time tracker could definitely be a red alert.

On the othter hand, a bad connection could be because he might be a digital nomad living in a country or region with not a very good connection. As long as he can deliver the job on time, that wouldn't be my biggest concern.

Anyways, If I were hiring someone to do a job for a client of mine, I'd definitely go for the best.... and if I already have concerns, maybe switching freelancers might be the right way to go. I'm pretty sure the platform has more than one expert on the subject 😉

Good luck!

re: “Also, he said he does not want to use the work diary app as it causes issues with coding.”

That is simply not true.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths