🐈
» Forums » Clients » Getting Refund from a Cancelled Contract
Page options
7024a0a3
Community Member

Getting Refund from a Cancelled Contract

Title says it all. I created a contract with a freelancer and then canceled it within 12h. However, the money has 'disappeared' from my account and is not in escrow. Also, my card has been charged. It was a fixed price contract so has the freelancer received all of it? We are negotiating a new contract right now, but I need to know if the money has already been paid to him or not. 

5 REPLIES 5
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Karan,

I checked the contract that you are referring to and it seems that your freelancer already accepted the refund request. Please allow up to 5 business days for the funds to reflect on your account. For more information on the refund, you can check the Reports > Transactions page.

Feel free to follow up if you have further questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hey, I am referring to another contract. The first one I cancelled, the second one the freelancer did not meet the requirements.

The second one the refund has been accepted - I am more curious about the first contract.

Hi Karan,

Could you please send me a private message with the Contract ID so that I can take a look?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
9a580129
Community Member

I have a similar situation. I just canceled a contract in agreement with the freelancer. But I do not see any money on my account? When will the refund be visible?

Is it not possible to directly get a refund as I need to rehire someone else as soon as possible.

Please let me know.

Hi Siddha,

The refund has already been processed back to your billing method. However, please keep in mind that it can take up to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your account. 

If you haven't received your funds after 5 business days, feel free to follow up here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths