🐈
» Forums » Clients » Give access to server
Page options
astepanov83
Community Member

Give access to server

I have a dedicated server with linux on it and ssh to access it. There is data on my server (private keys, source code, etc) I'd like to keep secret. I have an admin task I want to delegate to a freelancer. What's the best way to give access to my server to a person and make sure that my data is kept safe? Teamviewer is a last resort, because the task may take several hours. Any ideas are welcome.

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Aleksandr:

Your post is perfectly written.

But it is in the wrong place.

You need to post this as an hourly job posting here:

http://www.upwork.com

Specify that you want to hire somebody for consultation, and/or to work with you using TeamViewer to set this up.

I created my upwokr account last week but today my account was suspended. I dont know why upwork suspend my account.

Hi Daluar,

I checked this and see that you are communicating with our team regarding this concern via this ticket. Please allow time for our team to respond and update your ticket. If you have any additional question please post them on that ticket for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork
raz86
Community Member

If you wanna supervise the freelancer, using Teamviewer would be your best bet. If you're super paranoid, you could also have them sign an NDA. But overall, I'd say you need to work on your trust issues! At the end of the day, you need to give people the benefit of the doubt. If your trust issues are so bad that you wouldn't hire someone without monitoring em closely, maybe you just shouldn't hire anyone! As a server admin myself, I can tell you that I don't "sniff around" and couldn't care less what people have on their servers, I just do what I need to do and that's that.

It IS possible... and a good idea... to have back-ups of your data and your files in a place OTHER than on your server. And that can be a place that you don't share access to.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths