🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Google Login isn't working - Please help!
Page options
e9e4cb4f
Community Member

Google Login isn't working - Please help!

I have been using UpWork for a few weeks now. I registered with a Google Account. 

I have tried to login today with Sign In with Google but I get this error:

Your Google account cannot be accessed at this time. 

How is this even possible??? I use Sign in with Google for everything and have never had an issue on any other platform. 

I have submitted a ticket to helpdesk but have no idea how long that will take and I urgently need to login to talk with my Freelancer. I have had to register here with another email account just to add this comment. 

Please, if anyone knows how to fix this I'd love to hear it.

What I've tried:

- cleared cache etc

- tried 3 different browsers

- confirmed my google email login works correctly on other sites

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrew,

I checked and it seems that you already managed to log in to your account. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrew,

I checked and it seems that you already managed to log in to your account. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks for following up so quickly!

I found another browser window where I was stilled logged in so this must have been causing the issue. Seems strange that the other tabs didn't realise I was logged in already?

Anyway, hope that might help with a future support ticket.

Hi! 

Please help. I am experiencing the same issue with my Upwork account. I even created this new account just so I could reach out and seek for assistance. Please. 

Thank you! 

Hi!

I have my upwork account **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ticket number **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

Can you help me check why I couldn’t log in using my Google Account? Please. The email I’m using is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you!

Hi A B,

I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Upwork,

I’m having the same issue as the above user and cannot log into my account as it is saying that I don’t have google verification. I also can’t find anyone to contact and it would be great if I could speak to a real person to help me fix this issue.
Thank you!
Harriette

It is for my **Edited for Community Guidelines** - I have had to use an old account to log in. Thanks

Hi Harriette,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, thanks for getting back to me. I still haven’t heard anything about fixing this issue. If someone could activate the google sign on for me on my main account that would be great. Thank you! Harriette
m_shujja
Community Member

One of my friend is having trouble wirth his email address to conitinue signup with google. He don't know what is an issue with that. He is getting the below error
**Edited for community guidelines**

His email is below

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the link to your friends profile or the email address associated with their account? I'll check that and assist them accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am having the same problem. When I try to login, Upwork says I can only login using Google, but when I try to follow the prompt I'm redirected to the login screen with no error code. I've tried clearing the cache, three different browsers, two different computers and my phone, a private tab, and I've tried going in through my Google account to clear any settings related to Upwork. I'm on a really tight deadline and need to get back into my account ASAP.

Hi Grace,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

Identical error as Grace's above, currently using my boyfriend's account to make to this post - desperate for help, I HAVE to get into my account ASAP! Very, very worried about getting a bad review for late work that is complete, but I can't send because I can't login. 

Hi Nicholas,

Please send me a DM with the details of the account you're referring to so I can check. You can DM me by clicking on my name. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I'm desperate & in a huge time crunch (currently using my boyfriend's account) - I have to send out completed work so I don't get a bad review, especially important because I'm on only my second project, but I'm stuck in a login loop. When I choose to login with email, I'm then required to login with Google, and when I successfully login to Google the button goes grey & loads for a moment, then resets to green, and never logs me in. If I try to login with Google directly, I receive an error message that says my account doesn't have Google login enabled. 

Please, please help! Can send any specific info in PM (which I already tried to do, but apparently don't have the permissions to send a PM), but don't think I should post here.

Hello - I'm having the same issues with my account that's worked for years. My work recently started to use Google enterprise and I can't log in with the account I've logged in with for years so I created another account on my gmail to even contact you guys! I finally got the attached message that says Google login isn't set up, but I can't even login to set it up! And each time I put in my email, I'm prompted to Google login, that apparently is not set up! What can I do here?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nicole,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with a username and email address of the account you need help with? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
01662eca
Community Member

Hi Upwork team,

My Google login isn’t working as well. Please advise as this is a serious client issue.

Thanks!

Hi there, 

I checked your account and it looks like you have already logged in. Please let us know if you still have trouble logging in to your account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, please check for **Edited for Community Guidelines** . I created
this account so I could contact the Support Team.

Thanks.

Hello 

I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

I would not wish Google Login on my worst enemy.

Same issue precisely. How did they solve it for you? 

f2456cf4
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Have the same issue.
Can't seem to log in with Google and when I tried to sign in by email, it keeps asking me to sign in by Google.
Tried to click on your profile but it seems like I don't have access or something

Thanks! 🙂

Hi Stephanie,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
706baf31
Community Member

Hey Muhammad! 

I am having this same issue with my main account and I have a job pending and can't get on to my account. It is sethdixon and my email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I've already sent many emails and chats but no help.

Thanks

Hi Seth,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. I can see that a support ticket has been created with your concern. Please allow our team time to review your account and rest assured they will address your concerns and questions via the ticket as soon as possible. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
f0839fd8
Community Member

I was having the same exact problem!

Crazy how they don't help at all in the comments, always just "Please message me in private", but at the same time they don't allow you to have multiple accounts, doesn't make sense at all, but anyways, here is how I solved it:

I tried to log in from various devices, none of which worked.

The way I was able to sign in through Google was making sure the Google Chrome Account was the same as the one trying to log in Upwork.

Whan I was not able to log in, it probably was because the Chrome account I was in was a different one from the Google on I had on Upwork.

Hope this can help you, as the staff isn't very helpful.

harriettenorth
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

I’m still having trouble logging into my account from my original account because of the Google verification which is this email here. **Edited for Community Guidelines** . Could someone please email me as I have projects to complete and need to access my account.

Thank you,
Harriette

Hi Harriette,

Our team reached out to you again via a new ticket/email on your original account. I can also see that you have received the email notification and you have followed up with our team. Rest assured, our team will assist you further directly there. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Having the same issue.

Had to use another account to access the community forum.

Tried signing in with email and get an error message saying the email uses Google Sign In.

I try logging in with Google Sign In and get an error message saying "You have not activated the Google Sign In method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.

And underneath that message, it reads, "This email address uses Google Sign In".

Confusing and frustrating.

Please help.

Hi Warren,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
9b9813dc
Community Member

Hello, Aleksander   I just tried to create my account on Upwork. Since I've never been on Upwork, somehow, accidentally I guess I closed my account and now I'm not able to log in with that account again. This is what it says "Google account a...z@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked." I'm also not able to make a new account with this id. It says this username is already in use. Really hope you will help and resolve this issue. I've created another account to seek help.

Hi Afshan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you already created a support ticket regarding the issue you experience. One of our agents followed up with you and shared additional information and further steps you need to take so that they can assist you. You can access your ticket on this page.

If you have any further questions feel free to follow up on your ticket and our team will be happy to assist you. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
20db1a26
Community Member

Can't login to my work account via google or my work email. The email for the account i am looking for help with is **Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chyna,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with accessing your account.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
4aadc802
Community Member

Hello,

I have the exact same problem, I am contacting you from an account I've just created in order to retrieve my old account. Could you help me as well? 

Many thanks

Elisa

Hi Elisa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please send the details of the account you're referring to? You can send me a PM by clicking on my name.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths