🐈
» Forums » Clients » Got charged twice for a fixed contract?
Page options
d5402514
Community Member

Got charged twice for a fixed contract?

I have a fixed contract with a freelancer. Yesterday I created and completed a milestone for him. $1k was taken out of my bank account.

Today I was notified that I owe upwork ANOTHER $1k. Can anyone explain?

10 REPLIES 10
NikolaS

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d5402514
Community Member

Apparently theres a feature called 'weekly salary'. I'm not sure if i selected this or not, how can i check if my contract is under a weekly salary scenario?

Whats the difference between a fixed price and a milestone transaction in the transaction history?

I no longer want this service or any fees related to this service. Once i cancel a contract with the freelancer. is the service also cancelled? Or will i have to cancel anything else?

Hi Shannon,

There are there following types of contracts available under Any Hire:

• Single Payment: You want to pay your talent a lump sum at the end of successful completion of a single, clearly-defined project.
  • Milestone Payment: You want to pay your talent lump sums at the end of each successfully completed phase of a multi-phase project.
  • Hourly Rate: You want to pay your talent based on how many hours they work in a given week, and based on an hourly rate for that work. (Your talent will need to log hours to get paid.)
  • Fixed Rate: You want to pay your talent a fixed amount each week or bi-weekly.

Frequency of payment will vary based on the type of contract that is set — and can be weekly, bi-weekly milestone based or monthly. 
I see you have a few questions about your contracts and already have a ticket opened with our support team. They'll continue assisting you with your questions directly. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

so if I have a milestone contract, all fees will be milestones right?

or can a contract be a mix of milestone and fixed contracts, etc?

Hi Shannon,

You can choose from several types of contracts on Any Hire, for flexibility on how you work and pay. To decide what type of contract you want, consider the work that you need to have completed.

For single payment and milestone contracts, you’ll have either 7 or 14 days to approve the work that the freelancer submits or request changes, depending on whether you choose a weekly or bi-weekly cadence.

For hourly contracts, talent will log hours on a weekly basis and be paid either every week or bi-weekly depending on the cadence you select. We’ll bill you on Monday, you’ll have until Thursday night at midnight UTC time to review the hours, and we’ll release the payment to talent on Friday.

For a fixed rate contract talent will be paid weekly or bi-weekly without having to log hours.

We bill for any contract that is active for any part of a billing period. To keep things simple for you, we combine all costs into one single payment. This billing includes the talent’s payment, the Any Hire per-contract and payment processing fees, any EOR charges, and applicable taxes.

You may want to check this help article for more details. Feel free to update the ticket that's been raised with your concern if you have additional questions or need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I attached my transaction history below. I have been charged for the same milestone twice ($1k + fees).

In total $2k has been withdrawn from my bank account. But my contract/all milestones together only cost $1k. Any help or insight to what's going on?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Shannon,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

This is the third thread I have seen during the past few days in which clients complained that they were charged twice or three times for the same milestone.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths