🐈
» Forums » Clients » Got scammed by a freelancer
Page options
18d9485e
Community Member

Got scammed by a freelancer

Hello, I would like a raise a dispute on contract 29493624. We got scammed by the freelancer. She asked for $150 to do a video for us on her YouTube channel. She did the video. And then released the payment. However, I checked and seems she removed our video after getting the payment. Here is the link **Edited for Community Guidelines** Apart from the fact she wasted our time and resources to get the video, it's very unethical to do such a thing. Please kindly raise a dispute on this and get a refund on this.

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi Kevin,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this freelancer. I checked and it looks like this is a fixed price contract that was closed a few months ago. Fixed-Price contracts allow clients to review the submitted milestone before they release payment from Escrow. Once the milestone is released, it's considered approved.
The Upwork team is able to provide mediation assistance in qualifying cases as outlined in the Fixed-Price Escrow Instructions. Unfortunately, mediation isn't available in this case. For more information, please check this help article.

~Andrea
Upwork
18d9485e
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your reply. That's exactly why I call it she scammed me. She hid her intention of removing the content. Then she asked me to release the payment. After closing the contract she removed the video. I find it dishonest and she should issue a refund.

I understand where you're coming from, Kevin. It looks like you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths