🐈
» Forums » Clients » HELP! Someone stole a lot of money from my ac...
Page options
d7df7b81
Community Member

HELP! Someone stole a lot of money from my account at UPWORK?

It is important to note that I have been a customer of the site for years, love it very much and enjoy working with it, I want to find out what to do before the case degenerates into an unpleasant situation, does such a huge site have no insurance? Warranty on my credit card sitting with them?

As a customer on the UPWORK website, is my credit card unsafe ?! Do I have to be afraid because they have the credit card?
Someone opened a "freelancer" user and then hacked into my UPWORK account and confirmed to his freelancer account a contract with hours without my approval, and all this without me having any contact with him, no job offer / contract. So every week he stole money for several months, I contacted UPWORK and they wrote to me that they contact him "ask the freelancer to return and if he does not return they have nothing to do because it is money already transferred to him" but obviously someone stole and approved a contract for his freelancer. Does such a large site have no anti-burglary security mechanisms? Like IP blocking in hacking attempts? Do they not have "insurance" against theft? I'm really scared and frustrated, is there a lawyer here in the group who can lend me a refund?
I have no ability or desire to give up the money stolen from me

1 REPLY 1
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kivi,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had and the inconvenience this has caused you. Rest assured, our team will continue to assist you directly on your ticket with number 31107104. Feel free to follow up with any additional questions directly on your ticket as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths