cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having a lot of trouble with Contractor

Highlighted
Adam S Member Since: Sep 13, 2020
11 of 17
I should've read these forums before posting on upwork. I'm starting to have issues with my contractor, he makes changes quickly and wants to close the project but ends up breaking other back end configurations. Anyhow, upwork should try to improve the vetting of contractors on their site.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
12 of 17
Sure, stoop to throwing insults if you want. I may be what you said, but I’m also a client who has successfully used Upwork for 5 years, spent nearly $200k, and never been ripped off, scammed, or had a terrible experience - because I took the time to learn how the system works before I started using it.
Highlighted
Greg G Member Since: Oct 26, 2017
13 of 17

"Sure, stoop to throwing insults if you want. I may be what you said, but I’m also a client who has successfully used Upwork for 5 years, spent nearly $200k, and never been ripped off, scammed, or had a terrible experience - because I took the time to learn how the system works before I started using it."

Jennifer D - I don't know why they edited my remark - it wasn't illicit at all. By the way, John K just contradicted you and sorta revealed what Upwork really is.

People get swindled 'all the time'. Yes, that I do believe.

So, if I can hire a 'reutable' project manager, I have no need for Upwork.

Thanks for the info. Makes perfect sense.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
14 of 17

You should stop using Upwork Greg. It caused you enough pain. I hope you will have more luck in the B&M world. I would advise you to get the help of a project manager because this world is full of ill intended people who take advantage of those who are not familiar with IT projects management. I have the feeling, however, that the advice won't be well received.

But in any case, please stop using Upwork.

Upwork is not for everybody. Outsourcing is not for everybody.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
15 of 17

+10 and more René.

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
16 of 17

Don't see how I 'contradicted' Jennifer D, and I kudoed her as a matter of fact, but from a postmodern point of view, I suppose none of that matters. Cat Frustrated

Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
17 of 17
John didn’t contradict me - he added valuable info. I have no need for a project manager because that is literally my job already.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS