cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having some doubt about a freelancer

Julie R Member Since: May 29, 2017
1 of 4

I hired a freelancer on on mission end of april. We exchanged 2 times about the mission and the freelancer told me it won't take long (few hours he said). I asked him to hold on for a few days before starting the mission. He said ok. Then 4 days ago, he told me he would send me some pieces of the work he is supposed to do, but nothing. I contacted him today and he doesn't answer. 

To summarize, working on this for a month. Never saw anything. Now I'm doubting strongly about this freelancer. What should I do. Should I cancel the contract ? How can I do it please ? (New in Upwork)

Thanks for your advices !

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
2 of 4

Was it a hourly job or fixed price.

If hourly, did he logged any hours?

If fixed, did you fund the milestone(s)?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 4

You are the client. This is a freelancing arrangement.

You can close the contract on any freelancer at any time for any reason.

If you like the Yankees and she likes the Red Sox, you can close a contract just for that. You don't need to explain yourself or justify your decision to anybody.

As a general rule, my advice is this:

You should be hiring multiple freelancers and evaluating all of them, and then continuing to work only with the best.

If this particular freelancer has not been producing results, then close the contract on him and continue working only with the members of your team who are producing the most work, at the highest level of quality, for the best value.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 4

Hi Julie, 

I'm sorry that the contract with this freelancer didn't work out as expected. Since this is a fixed-price contract, you should be able to close the project and all the funds in escrow will be refunded back to you. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS