🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Help Figuring Out Wording, Categorization...
Page options
323003f9
Community Member

Help Figuring Out Wording, Categorization, and Pricing for Help

This is what I'm looking for:
I would like someone that can create some type of plugin, extension, script (for greasemonkey or tampermonkey), or some type of tool I can use which can allow me to select individual videos from a YouTube playlist in my account to move to another one of my playlists or to delete them.

I'm really not sure how to articulate what I'm looking for and if it's even possible, because I'm not too savvy in this field.  I'm not sure if this would be considered "scripts & utilities." Also I'm not sure what programming languages or software they should know to do this.  A script is not enough for me because I need some way to execute the script.  I'm used to using either Chrome extensions or greasemonkey.  Also, how much is a fair price for this?

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

This is the wrong section for posting this.

You need to post this on the main Upwork.com website, as an actual job posting.

You are already describing the kind of work you want done. Just copy this to a real job posting and plenty of people will contact you to help you out.

Hire a few of them and use the best solution that is submitted to you.

nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Kesley, As Preston mentioned, you'll want to create a job post in order to hire a freelancer for your needs. For help getting started and to summarize best practices, we’ve created a free Client Guide which is a handy user manual to get you started. Please also explore the Hiring Guides, which provide category-specific resources and interview questions you can utilize as you search for freelancers. I encourage you to view both links for more detailed information. Then, you may also visit the Hiring Headquarters - a blog with hiring content for your reference. Feel free to reach back out to us here with any questions!

~Nina

Nina's advice is excellent.

But in all honesty, if you're in a hurry and just want to get started, you don't really need to do any additional research.

You already know enough about what it is that you want and you already have written enough to give Upwork freelancers enough information to decide whether or not they can help you.

If you post your description of what you want and listen to different ideas, you'll be able to get people to work on this project.

Alternatively, you could post this description as a job posting for a project manager, and let the project manager handle finding and hiring people. If you are willing to hire a few different people to work on the project, then you should find an approach that works. The most effective way to get this done right would be to hire about 5 different developers and have the project manager evaluate their work after three or four hours. Then end the contracts with everybody except for the best two, and have those two complete the project.

Then evaluate the completed versions, select which one you like best, and continue working only with that developer to make any final modifications or refinements.

Thank you!

How about in terms of keeping whatever it is uptodate and working in case that YouTube changes their website and it stops working?

Would I just hire someone separately in that case?

re: "Would I just hire someone separately in that case?"

Yes. That is what I would do.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths