🐈 Community
» Forums » Clients » Help No Support suspended account
Page options
1fd2df32

Help No Support suspended account

Hell of a system here.  For some reason the system had a problem with paypal never happened before.  Ok whatever glitches happen.  I get an email saying my account is suspended so I go re-validate it and go make a purchase else where to my paypal acount to make sure its working yes its working.  Of course the email is a notification only its not from support so I cant reply.  There is a link to support where there is no support anywhere. I have search through this forum and the support pages for an hour the support link is not to be found so my account is suspended and support is no where to be found.  For the fees we are paying is it too much to ask for a real support at least email.  Clearly the system is smart enough to auto suspend my account but not reactivate 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r

@Rick R wrote:

Hell of a system here.  For some reason the system had a problem with paypal never happened before.  Ok whatever glitches happen.

For the fees we are paying is it too much to ask for a real support at least email.  Clearly the system is smart enough to auto suspend my account but not reactivate 

Once your outstanding balance is cleared it should automatically un-suspend the next time a charge is run (once a day)

You can get through to Support by clicking on the question mark on the top right, choosing "Help and Support," then on the next page, at the bottom "Get help from Upwork," then go through the process until you reach the page below where you find the contact details.

Give them a call or go to live chat, they can manually charge your PayPal and if the charge goes through that should be it.

contact support.jpg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r

@Rick R wrote:

Hell of a system here.  For some reason the system had a problem with paypal never happened before.  Ok whatever glitches happen.

For the fees we are paying is it too much to ask for a real support at least email.  Clearly the system is smart enough to auto suspend my account but not reactivate 

Once your outstanding balance is cleared it should automatically un-suspend the next time a charge is run (once a day)

You can get through to Support by clicking on the question mark on the top right, choosing "Help and Support," then on the next page, at the bottom "Get help from Upwork," then go through the process until you reach the page below where you find the contact details.

Give them a call or go to live chat, they can manually charge your PayPal and if the charge goes through that should be it.

contact support.jpg

The system shows I have no balance and the email says I will have to reactivate my account.  I have tried 2 different browsers and been around and around and around the get thing help its just a loop.  One time I saw a blue box for support flash in the lower right-hand corner but it was gone before I could click on it. thats one time out of at least 30 times around 

It started working I am on chat now.  Yay

FYI even though there was no balance they had to do a $1 transaction to test it.  Not sure how it gets disabled if there was no failed payment but im happy I got a live person now thanks for your help  

@Rick R wrote:

FYI even though there was no balance they had to do a $1 transaction to test it.  Not sure how it gets disabled if there was no failed payment but im happy I got a live person now thanks for your help  

Rick, chances are that PayPal communicated (and they occasionally do that in error) that your funding source had become invalid, removed, or expired.

I had that once when my credit card, which was the primary funding source, expired and I had the same problem, just not with Upwork, but with Adobe (despite having another card and a bank account funding my PayPal)

PayPal's system sends a signal to everyone who you have a recurring billing agreement with and that then causes all sorts of hassle!

Glad it was sorted quickly and easily for you!

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rick,

I see you were able to contact Customer Support and have your account resumed within minutes of communicating with our agent. Please let us know if you need further assistance and I'll share your feedback regarding the difficulties you had in locating the support channels.

~ Vladimir
Upwork