🐈
» Forums » Clients » Help needed, keep getting error message while...
Page options
ce507fee
Community Member

Help needed, keep getting error message while connecting Paypal

Hello all, please help me on this matter. I recently joined on your platform to hire some of freelancing resources.

While I was trying to connect Paypal as billing method this morning and afternoon sometimes, I kept getting this error message: "Sorry, we weren’t able to set up preapproved payments at this time.

Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay."
1.png

I primarily contacted Paypal support but their agents say there's no issue on my Paypal account at all and adviced me to contact your support.
2.png

I once got into your help center but it seems like getting me only automatic reply, no specific help.
Please advice me and appreciated if anyone can help on this matter.
Thanks!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ce507fee
Community Member

I will go ahead with the ticket, thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Drew,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ce507fee
Community Member

I will go ahead with the ticket, thanks for your help!

ce507fee
Community Member

I solved issue from Chen, agent from support team.

Thanks again, Bojan.

I have this issue.

Please help me.

Hi Joshua,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

No one reached out me yet.

Hi Joshua,

I checked and it looks like you already chatted yesterday with our support team. Please refer to this support ticket for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I got Exact same issue. Other sites accepts My Paypal payment but upwork says, 

"Sorry, we weren’t able to set up preapproved payments at this time.

Please solve it as soon as possible.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aadarsh, 

It looks like this is the same issue that you posted before, which was already resolved. Are you going through the same issue again?

I checked your account, and it looks like you had a Paypal transaction declined. Please use an alternative payment method in your Paypal wallet and retry the transaction, and let us know if you'll need further help. 

~ Avery
Upwork
69bc2730
Community Member

Yes, I'm again facing the same issue. When I'm trying my Paypal account then it says" Sorry, 

we weren’t able to set up preapproved payments at this time.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aadarsh, 

This is an issue with the payment method added to your Paypal wallet. Please check this directly with Paypal if you have further questions about your Paypal wallet.

~ Avery
Upwork
69bc2730
Community Member

Other sites accept payments , but upwork can not link my Paypal. Does upwork accepts payment from Go2 bank or bluebird visa card?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Aadarsh, 

We accept Paypal as a billing method on Upwork. However, your Paypal account has an issue that we can't help you with. Kindly contact Paypal's Customer Support Team. Once the problem with your Paypal account is resolved, please add it again as a billing method to your Upwork account, and set a valid primary funding source on your Paypal account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
69bc2730
Community Member

Hi, I got Exact same issue. Other sites accepts My Paypal payment but upwork says, 

"Sorry, we weren’t able to set up preapproved payments at this time.

Please solve it as soon as possible.

Hi Aadarsh,

I checked your account and it looks like you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. Please check your ticket and feel free to respond by going here

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths