cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hire now button, how does it work?

John L Member Since: Aug 17, 2017
1 of 20

How does the Hire Now button work? A freelancer that I want to hire and has not responded to my invite yet. However he (and all freelancers) has a hire now button.  What happens if I click his hire now button?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 20

@John L wrote:

How does the Hire Now button work? A freelancer that I want to hire and has not responded to my invite yet. However he (and all freelancers) has a hire now button.  What happens if I click his hire now button?

If the freelancer has not responded to your invite they are unlikely to respond to a contract offer (which is what is sent via the "Hire Now" button)

Clicking on "Hire Now" without any previous communication is not generally a good idea.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 20

The most practical use of the "Hire Now" button is in situations where you (the client) have posted a job publicly. And freelancers have submitted proposals to you. They have thus signified that they do indeed want to work on the project. Your job proposal has contained enough details that they know what they're getting into. Then it can make sense to use the "Hire Now" button to skip an unnecessary "interview" process.

It IS POSSIBLE to use the "Hire Now" button with freelancers who have never communicated with you, but in my experience, it is unusual for clients to do that. A freelancer who never even applied to your job or knows what you're doing is likely to avoid accepting a hire offer without talking to the client first.

4 of 20

My job is set at a fixed price that exactly matches the freelancers fixed price for this specific job.    It is fairly cut and dry so maybe worth a shot.

One other thing I don't understand,  I invited 5 freelancers, 3 accepted the invite, 1 decliced... That's 4, This one freelancer I really want to hire does not show as declined.  

My dashboard now does not show any invites pending.  What happened to his invite?

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
5 of 20

How long ago did you send it? They do expire if unanswered.

6 of 20

30 hours ago.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
7 of 20

Then it seems that he is away from Upwork right now.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
8 of 20

@Rene K wrote:

Then it seems that he is away from Upwork right now.

Then would I get the  unanswered invites (1) if he did not see it yet?  And if not unanswered why not rejected or a proposal?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 20

Hi John, 

A job posting will get closed automatically after 30 days of inactivity on that job posting. 

I'm sorry for the confusion, John. This was meant to be an answer to another thread. Please disregard my message.

-Avery
Untitled
10 of 20

Job posting is only 35 hours old.

@Avery O wrote:

Hi John, 

A job posting will get closed automatically after 30 days of inactivity on that job posting. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS