🐈
» Forums » Clients » Hiring Freelancer PTSD - Advice?
Page options
danamanciagli
Community Member

Hiring Freelancer PTSD - Advice?

I view myself as an experienced upwork client. However, I'm continually frustrated with over-committing, over-stating their skills, under-delivering, and, now, totally scamming on development work completed. 

I hired a developer to meet a very clear specification (a government standard), which they said they had experience with. They <theoretically> completed the work and provided a completion report. So I closed the project. 

However, I had another developer review (silly me, after I closed the project), and it is incomplete!  

I contacted the developer who says he can get on the phone only. I asked him to respond, in writing, to all of my very specific coding corrections needed, but he is replying he will only do a phone call.  

I'm so pssst!  I need to hire another developer to complete the work (or fix whatever he did).

Do I have any recourse to get some of my money back?

Scammed again!

Help!

Dana

1 REPLY 1
LuiggiR

Hi Dana,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the freelancer. I can see that you've submitted a support ticket to one of our agents and they will be assisting you further with this. But in general, if the payment for the job in question was done within the past 30 days, you can request mediation assistance from our team in order to reach an agreement with the freelancer. Otherwise, you can request a refund if the payment was done within the past 180 days from the time it was released. 

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths