🐈
» Forums » Clients » Hiring for a different Team
Page options
acibomichelle
Community Member

Hiring for a different Team

Hi, I am part of a team and I'm given full permission by my client to post a job, hire & offer contracts. However, when the hiring process is done, the freelancer is made part of the team that I am in, which is the Human Resources team, instead of a different team/main team. I think the problem here is that I see no option to post a job to a different team, which is why the hired freelancer defaults to the team that I am in. I hope that makes sense. I might be missing something, so is there a way to make sure that when I post a job and offer a contract the hired freelancer does not join in the HR team? 

Thanks in advance for the help!

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI Michelle,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You may ask the client to add you to the other team, the one you wants to hire a freelancer under. Afterwards, to contract freelancers under the different team, simply select the appropriate team’s drop down when posting a new job or sending a direct offer. Please read this and this article for more information.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Thanks for the response. The thing is, I'm placed in the HR team to keep my work diary separate since I deal with sensitive information, and changing teams ends my contract. So what I see is if I keep changing teams, I would have a history of end contracts/hires for the client, and that's kind of inconvenient. 

Is there any way for me to post a job and manage hiring for a different team without me being in that team?

Hi Michelle, 

Your client can give you full admin priveleges so that you can move team members from one team to the other. You may read more about it here

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery, thanks for the response. I have full admin privelege but I still cannot see members of the other team, nor can I post jobs to hire for a different team.

Hi Michelle,

I checked and see you're yet to be assigned full admin permissions. Please communicate with the company owner and ask them to adjust admin permissions for the team you're looking to hire and manage freelancers under. Let us know if you need further assistance afterwards.

Admin Perm.png

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths