🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Hiring is slow
Page options
samirghosh
Community Member

Hiring is slow

Once I have proposals, I find the hiring process too slow.  I can hire one freelancer, but then must wait to see if s/he accepts.  That could take days.  What if I want a quick turn around?If I try to make an offer to multiple freelancers, your site wants to escrow fee for each one.

5 REPLIES 5
bobafett999
Community Member

I thought there was a 24 hr deadline on offers. Is that too slow for you?

@Prashant P wrote:

I thought there was a 24 hr deadline on offers. Is that too slow for you?

It is 7 days.

tlsanders
Community Member

Making offers to multiple freelancers would be pretty inconsiderate and unprofessional if you only intended to work with the first one who responded.

Upwork wants you to escrow funds for every freelancer you make an offer to because making an offer is meant to be just that, not a race with multiple losers.

You can easily tighten up the timeline either by discussing your urgent timeline when interviewing (or even including it in your posting) and letting the freelancer know that you'll need him/her to accept the offer and get started by x date or within y hours. Similarly, you could include that information in the offer, and withdraw it if you don't receive a response that meets your urgent timeline.

renata101
Community Member

Why not post the job and see if there are freelancers who are available immediately?

melaniekhenson
Community Member

I've had clients PM me immediately asking how quickly I could get a project done. I've also seen (and have responded to one or two) projects where the client states in the project title that s/he requires a 48-hour turnaround or whatever his/her time frame is.

Sometimes before sending the official Offer, a client will PM me asking, "How quickly can you start?" Although of course I'm sure some contractors could lie (which IMO is weird for a number of reasons, from ethics down to the practical - who wants to fail at a job???), it could be a tipoff if the FLer is vague, or if s/he doesn't respond to your PM right away. In that case, skip the FLer and send an offer to the one who responds.

I'm sure nothing will eliminate every possibility of a FLer applying, then disappearing without accepting the job, but these might at least cut down on the possibility. You may have a higher chance of responders legitimately being able to perform a quick turnaround (or at least start very quickly).

Latest Articles
Learning Paths