cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiring multiple freelancers for duplicate projects

Ace Contributor
Sharon H Member Since: Jul 15, 2016
1 of 5

I have made a job post for a short-term fixed deliverable and currently have two applicants who look like they might do it well.

My plan was to run several very similar projects, either with the same freelancer or with multiple freelancers if I had several applications who were well suited.  For now, I've only posted one.

If I end up with two or three applicants I want to hire, and I want to give them each their own full project as advertised in my job post (rather than splitting a single task between the three of them), how do I go about that?  If I hire all three, will it think the original amount is to be distributed, or will it let me pay all three the full amount (or will it not allow me to hire all three, as I said in the job post that I only require one)?  Do I need to create duplicate job posts as 'invite only' and send one to each extra person?

Thanks for your help.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 5

Hi Sharon,

You don't have to create separate job post for each freelancer. You will need to send a separate offer to each freelancer and outline the terms of the contract. The terms can be different from the original job posting and it's always better to discuss them with the freelancer before making the offer. Once freelancers accept the offers, a contract will be created for each of them.

Check this help article for more information

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Sharon H Member Since: Jul 15, 2016
3 of 5

thank you.  That makes it easier.

If I make an offer to one person and it's accepted, does the job get closed automatically, or will it stay open until I close it?

Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 5

When you make the offer there's a checkbox that says something like "Close job if offer is accepted". I think that's not checked by default. Just make sure that's not checked and the job will stay open until you're ready to close it.

Community Guru
Joynul A Member Since: Jun 27, 2015
5 of 5

Don't Close it ......

@Sharon H wrote:

thank you.  That makes it easier.

If I make an offer to one person and it's accepted, does the job get closed automatically, or will it stay open until I close it?

Joynul Abedin
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS