🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Hiring my Self
Page options
megamorph
Community Member

Hiring my Self

Hi, I accedentaly discovered that I can actually Hire my Self. I discovered this because I'm shifting between my three accounts, my freelancer account and my client account and my agency account. is this a Bug? or an Intentional Feature?. I hope I'm not breaking any rules here, and I don't plan on Hiring myself and leaving myself good feedbacks.

6 REPLIES 6
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience, Christian. I went ahead asked the team for more information. I will update you on this thread I once I hear back from them. 

~ Avery
Upwork
megamorph
Community Member

Hi Avery, I'm just currious about this experience. is there any update to this?

Hi Christian,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
barada00
Community Member

I have split personality.

Yea, me either.

Surely that's something that's wide open to abuse?

Low JSS? Just hire yourself and leave yourself 5 stars and 10/10 private feedback. The commission going to Upwork would be a small cost to pay for some. 

Hi Christian and Jamie,

To clarify, to prevent fraud, clients are not able to contract with freelancers on Upwork who have the same username as they do. We do have systems in place to identify abuse of Upwork ToS but can confirm the process is not allowing for the self-hiring to occur.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths