Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiring my Self

megamorph
Ace Contributor
Christian B Member Since: Dec 27, 2015
1 of 7

Hi, I accedentaly discovered that I can actually Hire my Self. I discovered this because I'm shifting between my three accounts, my freelancer account and my client account and my agency account. is this a Bug? or an Intentional Feature?. I hope I'm not breaking any rules here, and I don't plan on Hiring myself and leaving myself good feedbacks.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 7

Thanks for sharing your experience, Christian. I went ahead asked the team for more information. I will update you on this thread I once I hear back from them. 

~ Avery
Upwork
megamorph
Ace Contributor
Christian B Member Since: Dec 27, 2015
3 of 7

Hi Avery, I'm just currious about this experience. is there any update to this?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 7

Hi Christian,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
barada00
Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
5 of 7

I have split personality.

Yea, me either.

moonraker
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
6 of 7

Surely that's something that's wide open to abuse?

Low JSS? Just hire yourself and leave yourself 5 stars and 10/10 private feedback. The commission going to Upwork would be a small cost to pay for some. 

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 7

Hi Christian and Jamie,

To clarify, to prevent fraud, clients are not able to contract with freelancers on Upwork who have the same username as they do. We do have systems in place to identify abuse of Upwork ToS but can confirm the process is not allowing for the self-hiring to occur.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS