🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Hiring several freelancers temporarily th...
Page options
d31b2fc6
Community Member

Hiring several freelancers temporarily then one longer term

I'd like to hire a few promising freelancers for a few hours and then decide which one to hire for a longer period of time. Is it possible to handle this flow on Upwork? If so, what's the best way to do so as a client?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kat303
Community Member

You can hired any amount of freelancers you want to and close the contract of any freelancer you want, but remember, this is not a contest site, or a free sample site. Freelancers are here to make money so I sure hope that you intend to pay all the freelancers you hire whether it be for a small test/sample job or for a larger, longer job.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
kat303
Community Member

You can hired any amount of freelancers you want to and close the contract of any freelancer you want, but remember, this is not a contest site, or a free sample site. Freelancers are here to make money so I sure hope that you intend to pay all the freelancers you hire whether it be for a small test/sample job or for a larger, longer job.

d31b2fc6
Community Member

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for the information! Yes, of course I will pay the freelancers for their time. My intention is to give each one a few hours of work and determine which one produces the best work for the job. Then I'd work with the "best" freelancer for a longer period of time.

I appreciate the help!

Best regards,

Alex

Remember that you can close a contract at any time, for any reason.

For many types of work, hiring a freelancer for a few hours to evaluate them makes sense.

But if you know somebody is a bad fit for your team right away... You can close a contract sooner.

An hour. A half hour. Ten minutes. Even less. It is your choice.

I once closed a contract five minutes after I hired a freelancer because he said he knew how to do something that I needed immediate help with, and it turned out he did not know anything about the topic.

Hi Preston,

Thank you for the reminder on closing a contract sooner if someone isn't a good fit. I'm a new client on Upwork, and I'm still getting a grasp on all of the features, so I appreciate the tip!

Best regards,

Alex

Alex, please make sure to take some time to review this: Hiring on Upwork

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Latest Articles
Learning Paths