🐈
» Forums » Clients » Hiring through the mobile app.
Page options
sam-terwilliger
Community Member

Hiring through the mobile app.

Am I missing something, or is it just really hard to hire someone using the mobile app?

It seems like there should be a hire button somewhere to be able to create a contract with the person that you have interviewed.

Any thoughts?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Samuel,

You should definitely be able to hire a freelancer directly through the app and when you view the freelancer's profile, you should be able to hire them directly through there, here are screenshots of what this looks like on the iOS mobile app. Could you confirm that you have the latest version of the app?

~Nina

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Samuel, 

You should be able to invite a freelancer to apply for your job (provided you already have a job posted). Were you going through any specific issues? 

I checked and can see that "Invite to Job" button should be available when you go through a freelancer's profile on the app. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery, apologies for my late response;

I was actually trying to ask if there was an easy way to actually hire through the app, not invite a freelancer to the job.  Say a scenario where a client posts a job, starts to interview, and then later decides to hire from their phone later when they are out/away from their PC.

Is there an easy way to do this?  Because in the past I have had to run into a browser, type in the Upwork URL manually to prevent the app from popping up, and only then I have full access to my client dashboard.  To clients new to Upwork, this is a little hard for freelancers to try to explain... but it seems like it would be easier and I am just missing a step.

Hi Samuel,

You should definitely be able to hire a freelancer directly through the app and when you view the freelancer's profile, you should be able to hire them directly through there, here are screenshots of what this looks like on the iOS mobile app. Could you confirm that you have the latest version of the app?

~Nina

Hi Nina, thank you for the link, (and yes, I have the latest version)

I see now that I need to go back to the list of job applicants, find the person that I have interviewed, and then hit hire.  Thank you!

I was originally asking this for two reasons as I am both a client and a freelancer here;

#1 I was asking because I was having a bit of trouble navigating the client section of the app, and wondered where to go.

#2 Clients new to Upwork ask me this question all the time, and I wanted to know the best way to verbally run them through the process. 

Thank you again!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths