🐈
» Forums » Clients » Hoe do I report a freelancer?
Page options
be16861c
Community Member

Hoe do I report a freelancer?

Within 24 hours of hiring a frelancer my site was hacked and shut down and my email was hacked.

This is BAD!

How do I report this person

11 REPLIES 11
yitwail
Community Member

That's bad, indeed, but did you ask the freelancer what happened, before assuming the freelancer did all this? Because most freelancers are here to make money, and the only way a freelancer can make money shutting down a site and hacking email would be to demand a fee to restore the site and email. If that's what the freelancer did, then report it to Upwork. One way is to create a ticket, and you can read directions I posted here:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/Contact-Support/m-p/306642#U306642

I also expect a moderator will step in shortly and contact you. Good luck.

Hi Martha,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with your site. It looks like you and the freelancer you hired are communicating. Please, let us know if you need any assistance and provide more details.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I' not a user in here but i want to report someone who's using my behance work as his, and another person's projects! I can't send any message! In the future i want to start worrking here but, but since this person is using my work it can be a problem!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bogdan,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your report. I'll be sure to escalate it to the correct team.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jessicasand10
Community Member

Valeria, 

Are you able to message me? Thanks!

Hi Jessica,

Please, feel free to contact our Customer Service team following the guidelines found here.

Felix
Untitled

Felix, why do you assume that Jessica wants to report suspicious user activity? There are many other reasons an Upworker might want customer service assistance or to ask a question of a moderator or other staff member.

@Tiffany S wrote:

Felix, why do you assume that Jessica wants to report suspicious user activity?

Her other thread 🙂 posted at about the same time

8f9f3dbc
Community Member

I asked my freelancer for a refund and she said she would do so only if I cancelled my poor rating on her profile. I declined and made it clear I wanted a 50% refund because her work was completely inadequate and she caused problems on my live site which she did not correct after requesting her to do so. I had to end the contract early to save her creating more problems.

After she accepted the refund, she then changed her mind and deleted the message admitting the refund (I have the email notification luckily). Due to this it also meant the time to log a dispute has passed, which I suspect was her intention.

This is extremely frustrating, not least because it is so difficult to contact anyone from Upwork. Please can someone help - at the moment I doubt I will use Upwork again.

Paul:
You said that you asked a freelancer for a 50% refund.

How much money is this, in dollars?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this freelancer, Paul.

I have escalated your issue to our executive escalations team and they've reached out to you already to assist with this report. 

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths