cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible Service

Alex W Member Since: Sep 23, 2015
1 of 2

What happened to Odesk , such a great business turned into a horrible mess as Upwork.  Replace work with yours and you have a much better representation of the service at the moment.

I am venting here only because there seems to be an impenetrable wall between anyone in a position to do anything and an army of chat support who file tickets that go nowhere

Aside from the endless site issues ,  I had a contractor who submitted work , upon investigation the work was found t be copyright material so I contacted the contractor . We agreed that this work was not acceptable but as it was a monday and the time was locked I was forced to file a dispute which was immediately resolved by the contractor accepting the dispute. 

All sounds good right ,  dispute resolved , hours refunded ?.   Wrong ,  according to upwork I still had to pay for the dispute resolved hours , which would then be paid to the contractor who had already accepted they were wrong ,  refunded from him - back to upwork and then 7 days after that they would come back to me !.  How can it possibly make sense that I have to pay for hours that have been refunded , then wait two further weeks while the money is passed from hand to hand before it comes back to me .

Then on the same contract , the contractor deleted some hours submitted , well before the week ended.  Even though the screenshots show the time amended , the summary shows the wrong amount.  Despite complaining for a week ,  the file locked on Monday and the amount was processed.

I have contacted support every day for 7 days , nothing .  "The problem is escalated" , no updates .  I have had to halt all work at this point.  Leaving Up"work" seems the smart decision

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 2

Hi Alex,

I am sorry to hear this has caused you frustration and confusion. Regarding the refund issued after the dispute, it will be available on your Upwork account on September 28. Since the client is charged for the hours on Moday following the work week, the money refunded as a result of an accepted dispute go through the standard security period.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

As for the hours logged by your freelancer last Monday and removed last Friday from the Work Diary, we are currently investigating why they still showed in the Time Sheet. 

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS