🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Hourly Pay?
Page options
wyldb
Community Member

Hourly Pay?

I have clients that pay me via hourly and some of them don't understand how to accept the hours worked and end up closing the job. However, the job is supposed to last for months, let's say, but the only way they know how to pay is close the job. 

Is there anything I can tell them to do to accept the daily time, so I can get paid?

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

William:

None of what you are saying makes any sense to me. I have been an Upwork freelancer for 8 years, have worked on hundreds of jobs, and have hired over 180 freelancers as a client. But I don't recognize the phrases or concepts at the center of your question.

re: "I have clients that pay me via hourly and some of them don't understand how to accept the hours worked and end up closing the job."

Upwork freelancers are paid automatically. There is no step in which clients accept hours. There is no button for that.

Clients do not need to close a job in order to accept hours.

Closing a job does not cause freelancing to get paid.

re: "However, the job is supposed to last for months, let's say, but the only way they know how to pay is close the job."

I have never heard of such a thing.

re: "Is there anything I can tell them to do to accept the daily time, so I can get paid?"

No.

There is nothing you can do. Because accepting daily time is not something that is a part of Upwork.

Upwork has no such thing as "daily time."

Are you certain that you posted in the correct forum?

Preston H wrote:

re: "Is there anything I can tell them to do to accept the daily time, so I can get paid?"

No.

There is nothing you can do. Because accepting daily time is not something that is a part of Upwork.

Upwork has no such thing as "daily time."

Preston, I think he meant the hours that he logged. Perhaps you can help him understand how hourly jobs work on the client's end?

Freelancers get paid automatically for the time that they log.

The client does nothing.

c3cf1dee
Community Member

Clients do not need to close a job in order to accept hours.

Closing a job does not cause freelancing to get paid.

df602768
Community Member

Maybe the clients just wanted to close the job anyway - meaning they didn't want to keep working with you. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths