cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Add Extra Money To Escrow?

Highlighted
TM B Member Since: Jul 17, 2016
1 of 7

Hi all, I was wondering if there is a way to add extra money to escrow? I have been paying my freelancer in milestones and putting each milestone payment in escrow as I go. I would ideally like to add the rest of the money for the project to escrow as a way of making sure that money is set aside. It's not a big deal if I can't, but it would set my mind at ease if that was all set aside now. Is there any way to do this?

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 7

Hi TM B,

Thanks for posting this question. Currently, the Milestone system is set up to allow a string of Milestones to be created, which can be funded one at a time and not before the previous Milestone has been released. You do have the option to create a Milestone for the full amount and agree with your freelancer to release only a partial amount for the first stage of the contract, and use the remaining Escrow funds to fund the subsequent one.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
TM B Member Since: Jul 17, 2016
3 of 7

Thanks Vladimir! Much appreciate the reply.

Highlighted
Chip V Member Since: Mar 25, 2017
4 of 7

I've put funds to pay my freelancer into escros, but I need to add more funds for the final payout and can't figure out how to do it. 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 7

Hi Chip,

When you click the button to release the payment from Escrow, you'll see the option to edit the amount and will be able to increase it. The money will be released from Escrow and the additional amount will be charged to your payment method.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Andafa D Member Since: Dec 22, 2017
6 of 7

Honestly, I would really appreciate an opportunity to do that myself...but...

Highlighted
Bridget L Member Since: Jul 31, 2020
7 of 7

Yes, agreed. 

It would be helpful if you could go to your escrow account via a drop down menu and top it up as you need. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS