🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How Do I Add Extra Money To Escrow?
Page options
ddb54d32
Community Member

How Do I Add Extra Money To Escrow?

Hi all, I was wondering if there is a way to add extra money to escrow? I have been paying my freelancer in milestones and putting each milestone payment in escrow as I go. I would ideally like to add the rest of the money for the project to escrow as a way of making sure that money is set aside. It's not a big deal if I can't, but it would set my mind at ease if that was all set aside now. Is there any way to do this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi TM B,

Thanks for posting this question. Currently, the Milestone system is set up to allow a string of Milestones to be created, which can be funded one at a time and not before the previous Milestone has been released. You do have the option to create a Milestone for the full amount and agree with your freelancer to release only a partial amount for the first stage of the contract, and use the remaining Escrow funds to fund the subsequent one.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi TM B,

Thanks for posting this question. Currently, the Milestone system is set up to allow a string of Milestones to be created, which can be funded one at a time and not before the previous Milestone has been released. You do have the option to create a Milestone for the full amount and agree with your freelancer to release only a partial amount for the first stage of the contract, and use the remaining Escrow funds to fund the subsequent one.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thanks Vladimir! Much appreciate the reply.

I've put funds to pay my freelancer into escros, but I need to add more funds for the final payout and can't figure out how to do it. 

Hi Chip,

When you click the button to release the payment from Escrow, you'll see the option to edit the amount and will be able to increase it. The money will be released from Escrow and the additional amount will be charged to your payment method.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I have been getting a failed transaction when  try adding fund to my escrow. I have a project in milestone, but still difficult making the payment

641aa0ff
Community Member

Honestly, I would really appreciate an opportunity to do that myself...but...

Yes, agreed. 

It would be helpful if you could go to your escrow account via a drop down menu and top it up as you need. 

I definitely agree with Bridget on this! (It would elevate the upwork experience to be able to go to your escrow account via a drop down menu and top it up as you need.) As a small business, it's great to have more flexibility to add funding as available.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brittany,

Thank you for sharing your suggestion with us. I'll be sure to share it with our team. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
8606aaf5
Community Member

I have been having difficulty adding fund to my escrow. I always get a failed response.

Hi Adamu,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork
8606aaf5
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I have done that. 

I also added more funds to the card, but I am still having the same issue.

What else can I do?

Hi Adamu,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
5087b644
Community Member

Nearly 3 years on from Brittany's reply that being able to add more money to your escrow account was a 'great idea', has it been done yet?

Re: "I definitely agree with Bridget on this! (It would elevate the upwork experience to be able to go to your escrow account via a drop down menu and top it up as you need.) As a small business, it's great to have more flexibility to add funding as available." - Feb 2021

Latest Articles
Learning Paths