🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How Does One Make Postings As a Client?
Page options
dakgalbi45
Community Member

How Does One Make Postings As a Client?

Hello Everyone,

I am an Upwork user who wants to start posting as a client isntead of as a worker for my online tutoring company so I can start hiring on teacher talent through here.  How should I go about this?  Thanks in advance!

Thanks,

E.J.

4 REPLIES 4
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi E.J.,

You can click on your name in the upper right corner to go to Settings. On the next page, you'll see "Create a Company" link and will be able to add a client account and post a job. Check out this help article for more information.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Writing a good RFP

--- Include as much info as you can share about the project.  

An example:  if you need a website written, providers need to know the THEME of the your product / service.  If you're selling a diet fad vs. a specialized employment agency this needs to be stated.  Different providers respond to RFPs that interest them and they know they can bring value to.

--- If possible, include the number of pages you think are needed for the website.  It is fine to link to a template you like and/or to a current website you want to update, emulate the format of, etc. 

--- Estimated length and breathe of the project.

Examples: If a buyer wants a book edited, providers need to know content theme, number of words in the manuscript, and, if possible, what type of editing is required.  If the latter point seems confusing, the best work around is "this is the first edit" or "this is the final review and edit before putting the book on Amazon." 

--- Graphics - from logos to icons to illustrations > artists need the same info as writers, editors, and translators. 

--- Website design and build - back to #1 in my list.  If you are wanting to set up an ecommerce site, you need a shopping cart and assorted backend tools that a marketing/branding only site doesn't require.

--- Pricing and delivery date: If you are unsure about pricing - say so.  Plug in a number to keep the system happy but write in your RFP that the $ is a placeholder only.

Example: Providers will submit an estimate of cost based on info you've provided. Professional providers - the only kind you want - will include wording to the effect of "my quote is an estimate. Should you want to discuss your project, I will submit a binding quote upon a more thorough discussion of your exact needs."

--- Use as many applicable tags as possible.

--- Pay professional rates. The old adage -"if you pay peanuts you get monkeys" is TRUE.

As always, Wendy is spot on.

Regardless of project, the best freelancers want to know why you're seeking this help. "I wrote this book bcause..." or "I see the following symptoms in my company, but don't know the cause."

Learn to screen profiles, and invite the best. I ignore 5.0 ratings with no text; they're meaningless. A 4.6 with text is much more helpful. Read feedback looking for patterns, not numbers. You don't want tutors with communications issues, regardless of their standing.

Encourage freelancers to ask questions. The best ones usually do. And their questions can prompt you to revise the post or your selection criteria. Try to respond personally to every freelancer, and keep those in contention informed throughout the selection process. The "almost-there" website developer you didn't select might be the perfect candidate to maintain the site. Tell good freelancers why they weren't selected. "You obviously understand programming, and I'd like to use that capability as a tutor. Your profile is basically unreadable for someone not already an expert programmer. You're students will not be experts."

Subject matter knowledge is price-of-entry for tutoring. You want tutors who are patient, communicate well, help people solve problems, and if possible, live within one time zone of your market. Prior teaching experience might be irrelevant, and in the U.S., a teaching certificate does not a good tutor make. Many successful online tutoring companies offer coaching as well. Good coaches usually make fine tutors; the reverse is not necessarily true.

Ask good tutors to recommend competitors. Confident ones will do so. Feel free to PM me if you want more information.

cupidmedia
Community Member

Bear in mind that your freelancer profile still needs to be your freelancer profile (and your photo needs to be your photo...). You can't use it to solicit other freelancers for your company (and they can't "message you" anyway). And if you want to hire freelancers to work on jobs through Upwork, then you probably need to set up an agency.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths