🐈
» Forums » Clients » How *Edited* do you contact UpWork
Page options
67a9d2fb
Community Member

How *Edited* do you contact UpWork

I have just had a really bad experience, where a freelancer took a job, missed the deadline, claimed that we were lying about when we agreed on the spec (despite me showing him timestamped screenshots from the Upwork chat) and then logged into our Shopify and deleted all our code - ruining our site. He has now cancelled the contract so I cannot raise any disputes or leave any feedback. This is blatantly not a case for a community forum, but every chat option on all the useless support bots on https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us just link me to here. Can someone please contact me. 

3 REPLIES 3
robin_hyman
Community Member

I'm sorry you had a bad experience on the platform. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like you can do anything about this project except move on and hire someone else. Just do a better job of interviewing next time. Good luck!

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi George,

Sorry to hear you had a negative experience with a contract. In general, if the contract is fixed-price and the freelancer ends the contract, any funds that are in Escrow at the time are refunded to the client. The Terms & Settings tab of the contract room would still have a link "Provide End Contract reason" where private feedback can be provided on the contract. 

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you to further assist you with this situation. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you. I look forward to hearing from one of your team. The freelancer has caused a lot of damage well beyond the value of their contract and I have no facility to even leave a public review. 

It is also really bad that in this circumstance there is noway for me to contact one of your team directly and only serves to cause additional frustration.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths