🐈
» Forums » Clients » How can I change my Feedback to a freelancer?
Page options
michaelhalyk
Community Member

How can I change my Feedback to a freelancer?

I had a bad experience with a freelancer so I gave him poor feedback. He has since corrected the issue and provided good quality work and has asked that I hange his feedback. He has already enabled the "allow client to change feedback" setting but I still cannot change it.

50 REPLIES 50
jcullinan
Community Member

Customer service should be able to help you with this.

petra_r
Community Member

On the contract you should see a little edit feedback button next to the feedback. There is a time limit, you can only do it within 2 weeks of it being enabled

Hi! That option is not available for me. The freelancer said he enabled the option for me to change the feedback but I still see no edit button.

@Michael H wrote:

Hi! That option is not available for me. The freelancer said he enabled the option for me to change the feedback but I still see no edit button.

Hi Michael, how long ago did all this happen, maybe it timed out? From when the freelancer enables the feedback change it has to be done within 14 days....

You are on the contract page, where you can see all the contract details including the feed back you both left for each other?

I spoke with the freelancer today. And yes, I can see both of our feedback for each other.

@Michael H wrote:

I spoke with the freelancer today. And yes, I can see both of our feedback for each other.

Yes, but when did the freelancer click on the official "Enable Client to change feedback" button?

Get the freelancer to check if they still see that option. If he still sees it, make him click it hard...

I'm not sure about that. He is sure that there is no option, and he sent me a screenshot of what he sees. If it is over the limit, is there any way to change it?

Michael, sorry to play 100 questions lol

When did the contract end?

If the freelancer enabled the change feedback thing more than 14 days ago it can no longer be done.

It was around 1 month ago.

@Michael H wrote:

It was around 1 month ago.

Yes, well, if he enabled it around then it's timed out. Anything over 14 days - game over.

Hi Petra,

Forgive me for jumping onto this thread.

My client and I agreed he would change the feedback score, so I sent him a request (enable client to change feedback) but he said he hasn't received an email or request.

I went to do it again and the option is no longer there. This was only 2 days ago.

Hi Steven, 

I was unable to identify which client you are referring to. Please send the Contract ID for the contract you are referring to so that I can go ahead and check if there is an issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avary,

The Job ID is: 20451029

They gave me a score of 3 for my availability but did not take into account the time zones haha! So I discussed this and they said they'd be happy to change.

Thank you.

Steven,

It looks like you have already enabled the client to change their feedback on that contract. The client can go to Jobs> All Contracts, click on the contract, Go to Terms & Settings and edit their feedback.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

My client got 400 Bad Request notification while doing this. is there any solution, Please? Thanks

Hi Md,

You can advise your client to clear their browser cache and cookies or try using a different browser. Otherwise, if they still need help, you can advise them to get in contact with us directly. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello Avery, I encountered the same issue. Its my first time to give rating and feeback to a client and I was mistaken. He said I can change it and he already click the “enable freelancers to change feedback” link but i cant seem to find the tiny edit option. Here’s the contract # 25676496.

Can you help me look into my concern? Appreciate your help.
Thanks and regards,
Romelyn

Hi Romelyn,

You can find the link to Edit your feedback by going to My Jobs > All Contracts, select the contract, and go to the Feedback tab. There, you should be able to see an Edit link under Your Feedback to Client.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Andrea,
Sorry for jumping in, but I also have the same problem.
A client gave very poor feedback and has now agreed to change the feedback, but for some reason is unable to do so. Can you help me check out the contract to see what can be done? The contract ID is 25704218.

Hi there! I don’t know how this reached me but I’m not the person you want
sorry

Hi Steven,

Feel free to share more information about your concern and we'll gladly assist you with it. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Joanne,

Sorry for jumping in, but I also have the same problem.
A client gave very poor feedback and has now agreed to change the feedback, but for some reason is unable to do so. Can you help me check out the contract to see what can be done?

The contract ID is 25704218.

Hi Olayinka,

Please follow the steps in this Guide on how you can enable your client to change their feedback. Please keep in mind that this perk can only be used once. If you have used the perk in past for the same contract, you will not be able to use it again. Once you`ve enabled your client to change their feedback they will have 14 days to take action from their end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have enabled the client to change feedback, and I think 14 days has
elapsed. The client was held up, is there anything else that can be done?

Olayinka M wrote:
I have enabled the client to change feedback, and I think 14 days has
elapsed. The client was held up, is there anything else that can be done?

No, this is the end. A client isn't "held up" for 2 weeks, the client was not particularly keen to change their feedback, clearly.

Hi Avery,

The same issue. My client want to change feddback which he left, I allowed him to edit feedback but he doesn't see edit button. 14 days period have not passed yet, feedback was left 14.04.2021. Could you please check what the issue is there? Contract id: 26453874

Hi Nick,

It looks like the option to edit feedback is enabled. Could you please ask the client to click the option to edit the feedback? 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi
It can not be enabled because it is a mid-contract feedback. When I enabled
the client to change feedback, it's for the end of contract feedback that's
why client see the Edit there for end-contract feedback and doesn't see for
mid-contract feedback.

I had discussion with upwork support team and they says that currently,
there is no option in the system yet to change the mid-contract feedback.

Hi,

Can the customer change his feedback for a freelancer in case the freelancer is enabled to edit feedback, but 14 days have passed? Is it possible to request Upwork support to enable editing the feedback for the freelancer?

Hi Liudmyla,

At the moment, this feature can be only used once. If you have enabled your client to update the feedback and they haven't done it in 14 days you will not be able to use it again. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sad18
Community Member

Hi, One of my client can't change their feedback. They have try but they got 400 Bad Request notification while doing this. is there any solution, Please? Thanks

37d9b214
Community Member

is there any way , freelancer can change client feedback?

re: "Is there any way , freelancer can change client feedback?"

Yes.

There is a button for each contract that a freelancer may use once. The button allows the client to change the client's feedback. The button will automatically notify the client that they may now change feedback. The client has 14 days within which to change feedback for the now-closed contract.

ALSO:
A freelancer may issue a refund for all of the money paid on the contract, and doing so will cause the job listing and public feedback to disappear entirely from the freelancer's job history.

I never understand that. Why have it expire and why two weeks? What was the basis for choosing two weeks as the right amount of time? That arbitrary two week limit has hit me too.

I got some negative feedback from a childish client, despite making their project a success (or perhaps because of that). I could have removed it, within two weeks, but I didn't know I'd got bad feedback until my JSS changed by which time it was too late.

what will happen if the client wants to change it after two weeks that we enable it?

Is it a solution to extend the time?

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Michael,

Could you please try accessing the option again? It appears there was some issue and freelancer's request to enable editing didn't go through. Should be fixed now.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Can you please help with my request Valeria? See above issue with not being able to remove feedback

insideoutcoach
Community Member

Trying to get help but not having any luck in the chat. I need to remove the feebback I gave to a freelancer, it was given 2 years ago. Please help as I can't seem to change anything

Hi Jane,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Allow me to assist, In order to edit your feedback, you must contact the freelancer and request their permission to do so.

Once they enabled the option for you to change your feedback on a contract, you will have 14 days to make any changes, either positive, negative, or neutral. The window for making changes stays open for the full 14 days and you can make multiple changes during this period.

You can check this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths