🐈
» Forums » Clients » How can I change my Feedback to a freelancer?
Page options
michaelhalyk
Community Member

How can I change my Feedback to a freelancer?

I had a bad experience with a freelancer so I gave him poor feedback. He has since corrected the issue and provided good quality work and has asked that I hange his feedback. He has already enabled the "allow client to change feedback" setting but I still cannot change it.

50 REPLIES 50
aneeq0317
Community Member

Hi, my client agrees to change by feedback and rating. I have enabled her to change it and that button is not longer is no longer visible to me. But, the client says that any edit button is not available to her. 

You check the issue with this contract ID: 30151989

Thanks

Hi Aneeq,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
sanaishfaqk
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,

The same issue. My client want to change feddback which he left, I allowed her to edit feedback but he doesn't see edit button. 14 days period have not passed yet, feedback was left 19.04.2023. Could you please check what the issue is there? Contract id 33355708

Hi Sana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
jesuspulidoart
Community Member

Yeap, some of my clients has asked me the same, which is bad for us as a sellers. Upwork is doing everything harder and they are not listening

podcastcoverart
Community Member

Ask your freelancer to enable you to edit feedback. As he enables, you will receive emails about that from there you can change feedback to that particular project. 

shariful_siraji
Community Member

1. Confirm "Allow client to change feedback" setting: Double-check with the freelancer if they have indeed enabled the "allow client to change feedback" setting. Sometimes, freelancers may think they've enabled it, but there could be a technical issue preventing it from taking effect.

2. Contact Upwork Support: If the freelancer has enabled the setting, and you're still unable to change the feedback, contact Upwork's customer support. They can investigate the issue and assist you in resolving any technical glitches or platform-specific limitations.

3. Check Time Limit: Upwork has a time limit within which you can change feedback. If too much time has passed since you left the original feedback, you may no longer have the option to change it. Contact support to confirm the time limit and see if there's any possibility for an exception.

4. Review the Feedback Policy: Review Upwork's feedback policy to ensure you're following the correct steps for changing feedback. It's possible that there are specific requirements or procedures you need to follow.

5. Stay Professional in Communication: Throughout the process, maintain open and professional communication with the freelancer. Explain the situation and let them know you're trying to resolve the issue. Keeping a positive tone can lead to a more constructive resolution.

6. Be Patient: Sometimes, resolving technical issues may take some time. Be patient and allow Upwork's customer support team to investigate and provide a resolution.

Remember, Upwork is a reputable platform, and they have customer support teams dedicated to assisting users with any issues they encounter. Reach out to them via their support channels, explain the situation clearly, and they will do their best to help you with changing the feedback.

masterbeat
Community Member

Hi there, we have a freelancer that, despite doing good work when they actually work, is constantly missing time deadlines and has no sense of urgency in the project.  They don't test their work, etc.  Although we'd like to keep working with them, we feel we need to leave some mid-contract feedback reporting these issues.  If they improve, we'd like the ability to revise this feedback in the future.  I'm noticing above that editing 'mid-contract' feedback was not a feature when discussed 2 years ago... I'm curious if it works now, or, if we leave mid-contract feedback it will be permanent and can't be changed or deleted?  Thanks!

Hi Brett,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Editing mid-contract feedback is not possible and designed by the system. Also, this does not impact the freelancer's Job Success Score.  

If you wish to give him a positive review in the future, you still can at the end of your contract and this will show on their profile.

~ AJ
Upwork
f56ba6e4
Community Member

There are a few reasons why you may not be able to change your feedback for a freelancer on Upwork:

The 14-day feedback period has expired. Once the 14-day feedback period has expired, you can no longer change your feedback.
The freelancer has already submitted a dispute. If the freelancer has submitted a dispute against your feedback, you will not be able to change your feedback until the dispute has been resolved.
You have already changed your feedback once. You can only change your feedback for a freelancer once.
If you are unable to change your feedback for a freelancer, you can contact Upwork support for assistance.

jordanclawsey
Community Member

hello, I had a really bad experience with a Client. They left me a review; are they able to change the review if i leave a negative one in return? 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths