🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How can I change the company's owner name...
Page options
795c606d
Community Member

How can I change the company's owner name?

Hello, I've created an account to hire a freelancer for the company I work for but I am not the company owner. However, my name appears under the "Company's owner name". I clicked on the Edit button and I can edit everything except for the Company's owner name. My concern is: if the company's owner name appears on the invoice, I can't have my name there. Could you kindly help me out with this?

Thank you!

30 REPLIES 30
JoanneP

Hi Clara,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
0148d87f
Community Member

I need help too with this.

Hi Robert,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
9ea9eac6
Community Member

Dear Joanne, I have the same problem, it would be possible to receive a contact in order to change the company's owner name? Thank you

Hi Giuseppe,

I'm not quite sure what you are referring to. Could you clarify? Please note that you can update the name by going to the Settings > My Info page.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

like what sir

a94e0d7d
Community Member

Dear Joanne, I have the same problem. I want to change the company's owner name. However, on the Edit button and I can edit everything except for the Company's owner name. 

Hi there, 

Could you please try to update the name under the account information on the My Info page? If that still doesn't update the owner's name, please let us know. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Also trying to change company owner name, which is Currently showing my name, but i would like to change it, can't find such option, file attached with marked,
Looking Someone with solution,

Regards

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Al,

Just to confirm, are you looking to transfer your company to a different owner? If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

No i don't want to transfer my company to a different owner, I would like to replace my company owner name from  **Edited for Community Guidelines** to company name Spider Digital,

Cause when i hire someone they can see my name, just because currently my name is used as company owner, which i Don't like and want to kept secret, Can you please changed it to Spider Digital

Regards
 **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Al,

Please note that it is not possible to change a company's owner name to something other than its current owner name on Upwork. 

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fb259cd2
Community Member

Hello Upwork.  This is such a silly and confusing thread.  There should be a simple answer and instead I'm forced here to type a bunch of obvious stuff to you so I can get an answer.

Situation:  I am a member of a company and I created an Upwork account to see if I can hire a freelancer for us.

Problem:  As I work through the onboarding, I discover that I am now identiied as the "Owner" of the company I work for.  I am not the owner.  Apparently I can't change that field in your system.

Question:  What do I have to do to get the "Owner" field changed to the name of our actual owner under the "Company Contacts" area?  This is not a field I can change.

I can't believe there's 2 years worth of thread on this simple question.  And still no simple solution.

Hi Anthony,

Please keep in mind that this owner status, rather than meaning you're the owner of the Company itself, means you're the owner of the Upwork Company Account. If you'd like to change this, we can transfer the company account ownership to a different Upwork account. Please confirm if you'd like to proceed with this. 

~Andrea
Upwork
ls855901
Community Member

Hi @Andrea G, I would also like to transfer ownership of my Agency Account, Can you please help me with that, how to do it and what are the formalities for the same!?
It will be really helpful 😊

Hi Lalit,

I do not see any Agency created on your Upwork account. If you are referring to the agency you are working with, please request the Agency owner to contact us directly for further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi @Pardeep,

The thing is my owner's ACCOUNT not able to reply here because of account suspend and We are blocked with the payments also, I am the member also in Agency IT WAVES, and its showing in my profile as well.
Can we have some other way to do this? 
Please help with that.

Thanks

Hi Lalit,

Thank you for following up. It looks like there is an open support ticket already and the agency owner is already in contact with one of our support agents. Please have them respond to the ticket by going to this 

page. The ticket number is 36985886.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi,

Actually we don't get any reply from last 3 days and whole work is stucked
in between of other employees as well.
Can you please fast this process for us? it will be really helpful 🙂
035de291
Community Member

Hi, I added a support ticket to transfer ownership of my agency. I don't see any progress on it. When I tried to login into my support request to see the status, the upwork system threw me error 403 (A) - "You don't currently have access to this page". I'm confused

Hi Nashita,

I can see that the appropriate team has reached out to you with more information and instructions on how to complete your request via email. You can coordinate with the team by responding to the message from your email or this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5ce314e8
Community Member

I have a problem with this too. Can you please assist me? Thank you

Hi Dane,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
05e60cb2
Community Member

ok mam

05e60cb2
Community Member

should i

a85caca2
Community Member

How can I change the company's owner name?

Hello, I've created an account to hire a freelancer for the company I work for but I am not the company owner. However, my name appears under the "Company's owner name". I clicked on the Edit button and I can edit everything except for the Company's owner name. My concern is: if the company's owner name appears on the invoice, I can't have my name there. Could you kindly help me out with this?

Thank you!

i have the same issue

Hi Abdulmohsin,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page to assist you with your concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4210cae3
Community Member

I need help with the same thing. My CTO has left and had his name as the Company Owner of the Upwork account. I am the CEO and Company Owner. Please help me change the Company Owner to my Name.

Hi Michael,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
ad10f9a8
Community Member

Hello. I need help with this as well. Thank you

Latest Articles
Learning Paths