🐈
» Forums » Clients » How can I get refund from freelancer after he...
Page options
3c990bb7
Community Member

How can I get refund from freelancer after he did not complete our task?

Hi , we are first chose UPWORK system to find freelancer to develop our firmware, we read this freelancer details looks he is professional to complete our task, but he is not, a lot of bugs there, we help found bugs for him in case that can be moving fast on our program, but after then he keeps in quiet no any answers for us , we paid total 3 times he request we open hours for him filling hours  by himself and promiss will be done all the taks for a fixed hours, during period he request we pay again, but we said only left 5 hours money, we want complete program first before we pay rest money,  then he said no complete code he cannot do it, why he did not say it before we pay ? he is scammer , we did request refund but no any reply from his side so far.

how can we solve it? please help

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Refund thinking hurts clients.

I recommend that you put yourself and your project first, rather than focusing on one underperforming freelancer who doesn't deserve your attention.

Well, this is the first time we used UPWORK, so the first time bad experience made us disappointed with this platform, I think we might not use it again, no any way can be protected client.

I am sorry that you had a disappointing experience using Upwork.

As a client, I have hired over 180 freelancers on Upwork. As clients, we have immense power and flexibility. But we must know how to use that power effectively.

If you are interested, of course you may ask questions here in this thread.

One of the most powerful, cost-saving decisions that a client can make is to proactively decide to never ask freelancers for money.

It is more effective and far safer to STOP paying money to an underperforming freelancer, than it is to pay money to a freelancer and then ask for a refund. Asking for a refund usually doesn't work. But firing an underperforming freelancer before they bill more time DOES work.

PradeepH

Hello AirLink,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with a freelancer. I have shared your report with our support team and one of our team members will reach out to you via a support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths