cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How can I see an applicants proposal?

Tim M Member Since: Apr 17, 2016
1 of 4

How can I see an applicants proposal?   I have received 2 proposals, but each just links to the customer's profile page.  

I asked customer chat this question, but they were unable to answer.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 4

Hi Tim,

It looks like you didn't check the box to require cover letter when you set the job post up. That's why freelancers were unable to submit a cover letter with their bid.

You can edit your job post and change that:

Screenshot_14.png

Screenshot_13.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
Tim M Member Since: Apr 17, 2016
3 of 4

It's not their cover letter I'm not seeing.  It's their proposal.  Upwork shows they sent me a proposal.  There's a link to it.  But all the link does is go to their profile page.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Tim,

I see the same user, along with another freelancer, applied to your other job and their cover letters are showing up as expected. I see you've changed the setting Valeria mentioned but please note that the user will not be able to submit a second proposal for the same job. You can ask the freelancer to share their cover letter in direct communication with you, but you shouldn't ask them to take the job off the platform.

To clarify, a cover letter is the part of the proposal in which the freelancer introduces themselves, directly addresses the information/requirements from your job post and asks questions. The proposal includes the cover letter, freelancer's rate and replies to screening questions you selected.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS