cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I withdraw money from my Upwork balance as a client?

Highlighted
Joe N Member Since: Jun 26, 2019
1 of 21

Hello,

I have noticed that Upwork refunded me money from a cancelled contract. However, I was hoping this money would be sent to my Bank account which I used to fund the contract. How do I do this as a client?

Thank you

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 21

Hi Joe,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with withdrawing your funds. Thank you.

Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Joe N Member Since: Jun 26, 2019
3 of 21

Thanks Goran

Highlighted
Andrew P Member Since: Nov 28, 2019
4 of 21

Hi Goran,

I have a case similar to Joe's. I have discovered that I have an account balance of $237.50 on my client account. I would like to move the client-account balance from my Upwork account to my bank account.

Could you please have someone reach our to me as well?

Thank you,

Andrew

Highlighted
5 of 21

Hi Andrew,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your funds. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 21

Just to clarify something...

While it is excellent that a Forum Moderator offered direct assistance to clients in this thread... it is normally not necessary for a client to ask for help in such situations:

If a client receives a refund from a freelancer, such as when a milestone is funded but refunded... the money is AUTOMATICALLY sent back to the funding source within five business days.

If a client's credit card was charged, the money is sent back to the card. Without the client or any Upwork personnel needing to do anything.

Highlighted
Philipp M Member Since: Apr 20, 2020
7 of 21

Hi Goran,

I have a similar issue. A job contract was cancelled but the money was not transfered back to my paypal account. Could you please assist. Thanks in advance

Highlighted
8 of 21

Hi Philipp,

Of course, one of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further. You can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Alex K Member Since: May 27, 2020
9 of 21

HI I'm having the same exact issue and can't withdraw money from my account. How do I go about this, or can someone please reach out to me? Thanks. 

~ Alex 

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
10 of 21

Thank you for reaching out to us, Alex.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS