🐈
» Forums » Clients » How can we edit Invites?
Page options
mkhambadkone
Community Member

How can we edit Invites?

I sent several invites before realising it would have been more effective to customize the Invitation.

On reviewing the Invites Sent Tab, I dont see any option to Edit the Invite;  only to Decline the Agency.

13 REPLIES 13
JoanneP

Hi Manesh,

This option is not available. You can check this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
tta192
Community Member

You can change the default text message before sending an invite, but you cannot edit or change it after it was sent.

c505314b
Community Member

I do not see a way to change the default text for the invite.  It seems to send the invite immediately without giving me a chance to edit the text.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for reaching out to us. To invite a freelancer or agency to your job:

1. Type a query into Search
  2. Browse and view matching freelancers and agencies
  3. You can adjust filters to fine-tune search results
  4. Click to view a profile or select Invite to Job to send an invitation
  5. Write a brief message and select a relevant job post
  6. Click Send Invitation

For more information, please refer to our Help Article. Feel free to follow up if you have further questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hn, the last two invites I sent did not give me the option to edit the invite text.  Perhaps I sent the invite from a different page (perhaps from my Saved Freelancers list?).

Hi Ryan,

We are testing out giving clients the option to invite a freelancer to a job posting with one click. In the past, this process took several steps and clients were prompted to add a personalized note or use the one we provided. Since we are always looking for ways to make it simpler and faster for a client to connect with a freelancer, we are testing out this option. You should still be able to send a personalized invite message from Freelancer Search.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'm having the same problem. I have a freelancer I'd really like to hire, but Upwork auto sent them some boiler plate message that they may not respond to. 

this "feature" of one click could be updated so you can go back and edit messages

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for your feedback. If you invite freelancers from the "Invite Freelancers" tab of your job post, that default message is sent and it's not possible to customize it. If you invite freelancers from the Freelancer search page you'll be able to customize the message after you click Invite button.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Community Member

Bojan, This is a common issue that needs to be fixed.  Something as simple as what LinkedIn has done to provide users with the ability to add a custom note before finally pressing send.  You would go from 1 click to 2 but significantly improve the user experience.  This should be a top priority.   

Community Member

Is there a way to modify an invitation?  I've just created a job and pressed the send invitation, which sends a generic invitation.  As a freelancer, I would put generic invites at the bottom of my list of replies.  Users should have the ability to modify the generic invite before it's sent.  Copy what LinkedIn has done when sending invites.  It never reflects well on the sender when they send a generic invitation and it ruins the chance of potentitally attracting the one freelancer you think is perfect for the job.  This should be fixed ASAP.  

Hi Dan,

We appreciate your suggestion. We aren't aware of any plans to change the way this currently works. If anything changes in this area, we'll make sure to inform the Community.

~Andrea
Upwork
3e8bd504
Community Member

Can we please have the feauture to edit invitations after having been sent? I'm so cautious with sending invitations and it's so frustrating realizing you forgot to remove a personalization 4-5 invitations ago. It makes it look like you don't care about them when that's exactly what you're trying to show.  

Hi Connor,

Thank you for your suggestion. I'll pass this along to the right team.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths