cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How cancel a job due [even hired] disagreement with freelancer

Leonidas S Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
1 of 4

How cancel a job due [even hired] disagreement with freelancer , not any work done, so pay nothing...how cancel?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

You are the client, you hired a freelancer, correct?

Hourly or fixed rate?

If hourly, just go to the contract and click on "End Contract" Check no hours were logged,if hours were logged you will becharged unless the freelancer deletes them in the next couple of hours (before 12 noon UTC)

If fixed rate, essentially do the same, and choose to have the escrow funds returned to you, and not paid to the freelancer.

The freelancer then gets the option to either approve the return of your escrow funds to you, in which case they go back to your payment method straight away, OR, reject the return of your escrow funds, in which case a dispute is created, OR do nothing, in which case your escrow funds go back to yourpayment method in 7 days.

Leonidas S Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
3 of 4

In my bank statement credit card I see two credits and two debits all same amount 29.05 EUR.

Can you confirm that cancelled correctly and No further action needed?

=1st==========================================

Contract ID

Total SpentAmount Agreed

$0.00
$30.00

=2nd==========================================

https://www.upwork.com/offer/2638996

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Leonidas,

I have checked the contract you are referring to and can confirm that it was ended and the money from Escrow has been refunded back to you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS