🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How do I allow a member of my 'team' pay ...
Page options
nbostaph
Community Member

How do I allow a member of my 'team' pay for a job that I created?

I'm involved in a startup with a business partner.  My responsibilities involve much of the technical, while he is involved in operations.  As this is a startup, and COVID has slowed down government processing of everything, we're still squaring away business related things (like company credit cards).  In the mean time, my partner is handling payment through his personal card.

I created a job, and in doing so invited my partner to my 'team' in UpWork, and checked the box to allow him to hire and pay.  We went through an extensive process of interviewing and selecting a freelancer, and then tried to send them an 'offer'.  Since I don't have access to the payment card I asked my partner to login and send the offer, but when he tried to add a payment method he received an error that said "You need a payment method added to your account in order to hire. Please ask the company owner to add a payment method."

I guess UpWork considers me to be the 'company owner' since I posted the project.  However, I cannot find anywhere to give my partner rights to handle payment.  I did try editing the job posting, and inviting him again using the form at the bottom of the posting page, and again checked to allow him to hire and pay.

Could someone please guide us, and provide the steps necessary for my partner to enter his payment information for funding of this job without him having the share that payment information with me?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nicholas,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths