🐈
» Forums » Clients » How do I change a freelancers success score u...
Page options
262c0343
Community Member

How do I change a freelancers success score upwards?

Hi, I just closed a large contract with a freelancer in which I was extremely happy.  When asked for "private feedback" I wrote a great review and when given out of 5 to rate some of this skills I choose 5s and then two 4s. I choose the 4s as I thought a 4 was great and that way I could deferentiate from his "amazing" skills to his "great" skills... i have since learned this feedback negatively affects him as it affects his "job success score" I didn´t realise that instead of giving him a nice feedback I have given him negative feedback (as upto now he has only received 5 stars).... and as upwork is all about filters to find freelancers due to my "positive" feedback he may now be overlooked for a job... crazy.  Can someone help me with how I can go in and change my feedback to a positive 5 stars all round. 

Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

@Edward H wrote:

. i have since learned this feedback negatively affects him as it affects his "job success score" I didn´t realise that instead of giving him a nice feedback I have given him negative feedback (as upto now he has only received 5 stars).... and as upwork is all about filters to find freelancers due to my "positive" feedback he may now be overlooked for a job... crazy.

That's nonsense and your freelancer is a drama-queen.

Your feedback does not cause him to " be overlooked for a job"

The freelancer can go to the contract and click on "enable client to change feedback!" but frankly if any freelancer did that to me over me leaving 2 x 4 stars, I'd consider that deeply unprofessional behaviour...

luce-neidert
Community Member

@Edward H wrote:

Hi, I just closed a large contract with a freelancer in which I was extremely happy.  When asked for "private feedback" I wrote a great review and when given out of 5 to rate some of this skills I choose 5s and then two 4s. I choose the 4s as I thought a 4 was great and that way I could deferentiate from his "amazing" skills to his "great" skills... i have since learned this feedback negatively affects him as it affects his "job success score" I didn´t realise that instead of giving him a nice feedback I have given him negative feedback (as upto now he has only received 5 stars).... and as upwork is all about filters to find freelancers due to my "positive" feedback he may now be overlooked for a job... crazy.  Can someone help me with how I can go in and change my feedback to a positive 5 stars all round. 

Thanks! 

Edward,

Once in a while I get a client like you, who takes the time to think about their feedback, star by star. It's unusual, because most satisfied clients just automatically give a five stars feedback. It does hurt my feelings a little bit, and maybe it hurts my JSS a little too. However, seeing that I've done many jobs with a good feedback, the consequences are not too serious.

tta192
Community Member

Both you and the freelancer are right. Unfortunately, there are only two possible types of feedback that can be given: 'Good' or 'Bad'. That's the way freelancers see it and that's how clients judge it when selecting.

Maybe the system can be improved, but not without making it more complex, so... not an easy task!

So my advice is to leave 'five star' if nothing went wrong during the contract, and then, if needed, add a comment to highlight anything that went 'great' or 'exceeded expectations', or whatever...

Latest Articles
Learning Paths