🐈
» Forums » Agencies » How do I change the name of my agency?
Page options
sheila111
Community Member

How do I change the name of my agency?

I need to change the name of my 'agency' and actually dont understand the difference between 'agency' and 'client'. I still own the agency but we have rebranded and need to change the name and profile. Pls advise 

Thanks Sheila

12 REPLIES 12
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Sheila,

The client aspect of your account is the one through which you would post jobs on Upwork and hire freelancers for those jobs.

The agency aspect of your account would be linked to your personal freelancer account, and is the company (agency) through which you work with other freelancers on assignments that clients on Upwork have awarded you.

You can change your agency name by following the information provided here. Please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

~Nina
emeraldtobias
Community Member

1. Click the Name of your agency on the drop down (where your picture on your top right)

2. Click the pencil icon near your agency name. 

So you mean if I create an agency with name ABC and later on change the name to DEF keeping all my work history and profile data intact? Please advise

Hi Parag,

Yes, that is correct. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank You for the information Goran.

I want to rebrand my agency and change its name and logo as well as maybe tax information.
Can I do that?

Hi Manish,

Yes, you can change this by going to Find Work > Agency Profile and clicking on the pencil icon for each section you wish to update. On the other hand, you can update your Tax Information in Settings > Tax Information.

~Andrea
Upwork

I have the same question as Manish has.

On clicking at pencil icon I can only able to edit First & Last name, there is no option to edit User ID (Company Name). Plerase check attached screenshot.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Vikram,

You can edit your agency name from the agency profile page, not from the Settings. You can check this screenshot for reference.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you  Aleksandar,

If I want to completely change all the information in the agency to a new one, for example, name, description, logo, etc. I can do it? Upwork doesn't limit it? What can't be changed? Will the history of the agency's work be visible?

Hi Mariia, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that you are free to edit the profile/company information if needed. Additionally, one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths